remo kits?

MasterShake89

i had a remo for my first kit. my dad bought it for me and it was from the early 80s from the way it looked. the thing was show when i got it, but it was only $100. the toms only were about half as deep as normal toms and didnt have bottoms lugs or skins on them and the bass drum was only about 6 inches deep, i think it was supposed to be some kind of traveler kit. but anyway. i saw this on ebay, and it made me think, did remo make good drums ever?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Remo-Master-Edge-5- ... dZViewItem

comeback maybe?

anyone older that plays ever have a remo kit? did you like it? cause im only 17 and they stopped making drums a long time ago...

Timekeep69

Yes, they did. I have a 90's era MasterTouch kit. Even though I've been endorsed by Medicine Man Custom Drums for 6 years or so, I've held on to my Remo kit.

Here's an old photo of me and my Remo kit

MasterShake89

nice man, remo would be a kit i would be proud to play. like you know what i mean?
I'm proud to play my ludwig kit, cause its a ludwig. idk how to describe it.

drummerboi

a buddy of mine came to me one time with an old remo snare, we opened it up and we found that it was actually made of some kind of compressed cardboard or something. It was pretty weird. Sounded cool though.