Remo Ebony series heads

Howepirate

Piddywiffle":1sf8kou3 said:
What's your guys/gals take on ebony remos.

Im tempted to try em, but I want customer feedback first.
Ebony pinstripes are the bomb. Mine have taken a massive beating and have held they're tuning and kept a cool look in my kit. I highly recommend these!

FelterSkelter

Piddywiffle":agnrvhub said:
What's your guys/gals take on ebony remos.

Im tempted to try em, but I want customer feedback first.
I use one on my 14" floor and have found that they tune very easy, especially in the lower range.

iatemygoat

they've been lasting me about 2 years now. im getting new heads on tuesday but i would definately recomend them

drummert2k

great boomy sound. i just dont like the color. not a fan of the color heads, except the kick batter. give me clear tom heads and coated snare batter and im happy.

DevintheGreig

I use ebony ambassadors for my reso heads and they take away a lot of the over tones i normally got. as for batters, id go for the ebony pinstripes.

skitch

DevintheGreig":y5mlcohs said:
I use ebony ambassadors for my reso heads and they take away a lot of the over tones i normally got. as for batters, id go for the ebony pinstripes.
I don't like the ebony pinstripes; they don't sound like pinstripes.

Maybe that is a good thing!

Robobob

I just bought them about 2 hours ago and haven't heard them yet but, Holy shit are those expensive. Granted I bought 7 heads, but jesus, 7 heads for $192. Could be worse I guess. They could be pink.

drummert2k

screamkevin":28fdrd70 said:
I always thought that Ebony Remos sounded like someone hitting a dead dog with a meat hammer. Not my style.
that may be one of the most disturbing things i've read in a while. i would love to take a trip into the mind of anyone who hears a sound and "it sounds like hitting a dead dog with a meat hammer" is the first thing that pops into their head. hahaha.

Robobob

You don't like the sound of a dog being beaten with a meat hammer? What are you? A freak? Jesus, who DOESN'T like that sound? :twisted:

screamkevin

Robobob":h5cp5at4 said:
You don't like the sound of a dog being beaten with a meat hammer? What are you? A freak? Jesus, who DOESN'T like that sound? :twisted:
Hey, hey, HEY!! Ease back there, bucko. I never said I didn't LIKE the sound of a dead dog being beaten with a meat hammer, I just said that it wasn't my style.

And that would make a kickass band name.

MEAT HAMMER!!!

I think my brain is very disturbed. :shock:

EOTE_drummer

i would only recommend ebony for bass drum batter head. break in too easy, where you get a dead sound as tight as it could go.