reaching the 18" floor tom

grey_fox

Hey just have a question with my set i have two floor toms, a 16" and an 18"

Ath the moment i play with the 13" and 18" and leave the 16 out because it seems to hard to reach round to the 18 then straight back to the snare

anyone else have this problem? how did you overcome it? was it just plain practice?

thanks

drummert2k

grey_fox":e76bhr75 said:

Ath the moment i play with the 13" and 18" and leave the 16 out because it seems to hard to reach round to the 18 then straight back to the snare

anyone else have this problem? how did you overcome it? was it just plain practice?

thanks
Theres a thread for this i think you'll find very useful.
http://www.drumsmylife.com/viewtopic.php?t=1386&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

grey_fox

drummert2k":2h0zlvhl said:
grey_fox":2h0zlvhl said:

thanks
Theres a thread for this i think you'll find very useful.
http://www.drumsmylife.com/viewtopic.php?t=1386&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Thanks! that thread is great!

CASCINAIDRUMS

If you don't need it don't use it or set it up on the right side next to your high hat or left side if your left handed.
maybe just use it with your right hand and keep your left ahead of it's self
Practice every day until you get it down and then some

Deanoatc

try to set them up as if you are reaching to your right rather than twisting your body around. Avoid twisting. Bad things happen, pulled muscles etc. Like in the thread, there is a pic of the drums set up. Closer is not always better.

Jee

grey_fox":2jo7xgxg said:

thanks
Playing two floor toms is a lot of fun. You can work on cross hand chops and do fills that are mo-betta. But when playing fast and hard you can pull your back out when you reach over there. Not fun, so warm up first.

RogersDrummer

Try putting one of the floor toms on your left side. Near the hihat. That always worked for me, and you get to use your left side more, instead of always turning to your right.