Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Single stand for single cymbal/drum

• Multi-use stands

• Total voters

Shalaq

Poll added :>
I use multi- use stands- each stand has a cymbal and tom or 2 cymbals. I think that racks are designed for people who place their gear where it would be hard to put a stand and for those who use a lot of equipment :)

GeorgeD311

It all depends on the situation for me. If I don't plan on playing out for a long time, I'll set up the rack. Even though the rack is bulky and awkward, it allows set up without the bother of stand legs from touching or getting in the way. I also feel like a rack allows the drums to resonate more. However, if I play out a lot of go on tour, I'll bring my stands. The only stand that serves a dual purpose is the one the holds my mounted floor tom and ride cymbal. A rack is only ok for playing out if you have a tech or someone to help carry the damn thing! :lol:

I prefer stands. The variety of club situations that I play in demands it. Multiple stands are more adaptable to different stage situations. Sometimes there just isn't enough room for a rack. Besides it's funny as hell watching somebody try to pick up my hardware case for the first time.

TDRUMP

I HAVE TO AGREE WITH SCREAMKEVIN. RACK ALL THE WAY. I'VE PLAYED BOTH AND IF YOU HAVE A HUGE CYMBAL SET UP LIKE ME, IT'S FRUSTRATING TRYING TO INTERTWINE STAND LEGS. I FIND IT EASIER TO SET UP MY BULKY RACK THAN TO SET UP 7 OR 8 STANDS FOR CYMBALS.

AMTJake

I use the gibraltar curved rack system...love that damn thing. I do have cymbal stands though for when I use a smaller setup to fill in for other bands when they need a drummer for a night.

dutch

i change my set up monthly (well used to now i'm limited by prick band mates!) sometimes i'd set up a straight rack to my left but mount it to 2 cymbal stands if that makes any sense

millsybaby

I use a rack biut i used to use stands. I tend to use stands when i'm gigging as i rarely need all the kit for the stuff i'm playing with and to, but racks are alot easier - especially with a van.