Rack Toms

dave lynch

I'm thinkin of using my 8" & 10" for my racks low and real close to my snare..Do any of you use an 8" & 10" only for your racks ? It just seems like it would be fun..!!

GypoDrummer

how much would that cost? to get a set of 8" and 10" rack toms?

I need a few more toms, and possibly a new crash...
just gettin an idea on prices...

doesn't really matter wat brand, as long as it sounds good :D

dave lynch

GypoDrummer":2wmym761 said:
how much would that cost? to get a set of 8" and 10" rack toms?

I need a few more toms, and possibly a new crash...
just gettin an idea on prices...

doesn't really matter wat brand, as long as it sounds good :D
Well my 10" came with my kit and I think I paid a couple hundred for my 8"....They are Tama Starclassic Maples when they made them 9 ply and with a two tone painted finish...You can see them on my myspace URL below

JAdrums2k

dave lynch":e769xx0z said:
I'm thinkin of using my 8" & 10" for my racks low and real close to my snare..Do any of you use an 8" & 10" only for your racks ? It just seems like it would be fun..!!
I do that sometimes just to shake things up a bit... & it IS fun.
I used to use that kinda setup for acoustic shows... now I'm workin on building a 6" 8" 12" 10"snare 16"kick setup just for acoustic gigs. It's kinda weird cuz it feels like playing a toy, but believe it or not it sounds awesome

JasonS2C

I used to use 8 & 10 racks with 14 & 16 floors and I loved it. Still have em, but went to 12/14/16. Works a little better for my current musical situation. You have a wide sonic range starting w/ 8 & 10 on top and you're able to get the toms closer, lower, and flatter.

dave lynch

JasonS2C":1bsan2rk said:
I used to use 8 & 10 racks with 14 & 16 floors and I loved it. Still have em, but went to 12/14/16. Works a little better for my current musical situation. You have a wide sonic range starting w/ 8 & 10 on top and you're able to get the toms closer, lower, and flatter.
Yeah and if I decide to do it I want to put my 12" to my left on the other side of the Hi Hat...I love having a drum over there but I never do it..Maybe cuz I play alot of smaller places too and I don't have much room on some of the smaller stages, but I could use it when ever I can..Thanks Man !!

disrupt13

i played an 8 and a 10 with my metal band, everyone was so blown away i wasnt using huge toms.

frankly if it sounds good do it.

JasonS2C

dave lynch":3vpxktav said:
JasonS2C":3vpxktav said:
Yeah and if I decide to do it I want to put my 12" to my left on the other side of the Hi Hat...I love having a drum over there but I never do it..Maybe cuz I play alot of smaller places too and I don't have much room on some of the smaller stages, but I could use it when ever I can..Thanks Man !!
I'd love to have a tom setup beside my hats. I like to play that way and have the stuff but part of the decision to lose a tom up top was based on touring, venue size, etc... and wasn't entirely my own decision if that makes sense. :)