Rack Help needed

Which rack?

• Dr-80

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ICON

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Howepirate

I need help.Obviously. I am in need in a ton of space saving and easy travels and whatnot. I want a rack.

I was wondering how the pearl dr-80 is because its very cheap and would fit well in me budget.

I am lookin to put 4 toms 3 crashs 3 chinas and a ride on it.

Toms are birch in fusion sizes and crashes are large. Chinas are small and ride is 20".

Think i should go for it?

Rob the Drummer

I would go with the ICON. Used to have one, I really dug it. Solid as hell, easily adjustable. You can find them for a fair price if you look in the right places.

drummer912

Rob the Drummer":2jzityxy said:
I would go with the ICON. Used to have one, I really dug it. Solid as hell, easily adjustable. You can find them for a fair price if you look in the right places.
+1

u need a sick rack to go with ur sick gear.

Howepirate

Rob the Drummer":1x1u4ycn said:
Thanks man. I think i'm just gonna try the DR-80 and see if it'll hold up for a while. Theres plenty of drummers around here so i could easily sell it if i dont want it anymore.

Have u guys heard of www.drumsonsale.com ???

BEST SITE! Not a wide selection but they have some great gear for low prices there. Including the DR-80 and the ICON racks.

racefan33

I bought a Pearl rack and brought it back and bought a Gibraltar and have been extremely happy with it for 3 years.

racefan33

Howepirate":2w3wsgrw said:
racefan33":2w3wsgrw said:
I bought a Pearl rack and brought it back and bought a Gibraltar and have been extremely happy with it for 3 years.
Thats no help whatsoever
Let me elaborate.

Problems for the Pearl Rack:
1. Too heavy
2. Feet are not adustable for depth. With the Gibraltar you can side the feet forward/back to accomodate how the weight is distributed on your setup.
3. Square tubing doesn't allow you to set a piece at an angle out of nessicity or creatively for look
4. End clamps tie you to putting the legs at the ends of the racks. Gibraltar clamps can slide the legs to anywere on the rack.
5. Straight main rack sections put the corners far away from you. Gibraltar offers straight and curved main sections so your set up is closer to you.

Unless Pearl Drums is a sponsor of yours and are giving you some kind of discount there is no need for you to be tied to using a Pearl rack. I have played Pearl drums since I started playing drums and I think Pearl hardware is great, but their rack pales in comparison to the Gibraltar.

Trust me. The rack I used in this picture is just collecting dust in my garage. I tried upgrading to the ICON rack and ended up with the Gibraltar.
http://a923.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/112/l_36a83b3c2494d2364d103346f18b1c22.jpg

xdoseonex

yeah, racefan hit it on the head, pearl racks just arwent too grewat, i have 2 gibratar rackas and i love them, one fo them is over 10 years old and is in perfect condition, just doesnt shine lik eit used to

iatemygoat

my pearl rack has been working great for me for id say 2-3 years now. my only problem with it is how heavy it is. but think about it. 3 sided metal rack with 4 legs and hardware all over it. its bound to get heavy. without the hardware its not that heavy at all. i used to put it up on stage by myself before people started offering to help me. i dont even use the feet anymore because they just got in the way of trying to maneuver it around my drums. but if i had the shorter feet i think i would use them.