Rack For Cymbals Alone

Rack for Cymbals Alone.

• Good Idea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Overkill

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PaulZILLA

so i pretty much am set on using a 4pc setup for a while, and otherwise using a 5pc with 1up-2down toms when not a 4pc. i do plan on using a fair amount of cymbals, more than i currently use. so im trying to figure out if i want to use a rack for the cymbals or not, the rack tom is going to be on a snare stand more than likely, i like the look and feel of it. so im trying to figure out if it would be a decent idea to get a rack for my cymbals, or if i should get a fair number of good stands. i have no problem with stands, good stands come in super handy, but i dont like having to setup and adjust all the time. my idea is, that a rack i could set everything up and memory lock all of the arms, and then id just have to set the rack up, and then put the arms in the mounts, quicker setup. it also seems to be a bit more fixed, and once set, less adjusting each sit down. i know a rack may seem to over power the setup of a 4pc or similar kit, but its alot more stable and seems to be the quicker and even cheaper way to do this. if i go with a rack, i want to get a Pearl ICON curved rack, any thoughts on that(if stands im going to go with Pearl 2000 series.)

anavrinIV

keep the stands you have and when you add small cymbals like splashes, bells, and small chinas that go under cymbals you already have just get a gibraltar grabber arm and add it to a stand you already have. i have 8 cymbals mounted on 4 stands, about to be 9 cymbals, and 4 of them will be on grabber arms (i stack 2 chinas on one post on a stand). these things are extremely durable and can be placed just about anywhere. i swear by mine.

drummert2k

if you're using like 4 crashes, 2 chinas a few splashes a ride and some effects cymbals then i can see using a rack to help clear up floor space. but if you're onlu using like 2 or 3 crashes, a rid and a china just get some good stands.

PaulZILLA

well im going to use a fair number of cymbals. 2-3 large crashes, 2 med/small crashes, 2-3 chinas, 2 splashes, a bell, 2 rides, 2 main hats, 1 x hat(boomed). as far as cymbals thats the general setup i want to use in the studio and live. i dont need all of that all the time, but i like having it there. when i jam i generaly only use hats, ride, big crash, med china. i know for sure im going to use at least 2 big crashes, have 2 rides, 2 chinas, and a main hat and an x hat(boomed) the others id like to but are optional. when i did the math, the rack is only about the same price as 3 of the boom stands i want to use.