quick question for anyone who would know....

racefan33

You should be ok because those cases have generous spacing in the corners. The rim mounting should fit in there.

I have some similar Anvil cases for my Pearls that have Gauger RIMS on them and they fit fine in there.

GrindheadJim

MasterShake89":14lq6dct said:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Nomad-6Piece-Fiber-Case-Set?sku=543547

if I order these, will they have enough room in the tom tom cases for the suspension mounts on the rims of my toms? or will i have to dissasemble and reassemble my drum every time i have to haul them around?
They'd fit, but those cases are HORRIBLE. Try Beato 3 Pro bags instead - same price range and better protection.

SGarrett

How silly would it be to have to take the batter head off of every drum so you could remove the suspension mount just to get them into cases? :p

Yes, they fit. Just angle the mount into a corner. However, I got my set of SKB cases from eBay for something stupid like $350. So I'd definitely look around for a set.

ThePloughman

Theres higher quality stuff out there. And there certainly is if you pick it up used. No good reason why you cannot. If your drums are worth protecting......they are worth protecting well, because otherwise, why bother at all?

MasterShake89

thanks for all the info guys, i ordered them, because for now i just need a cheap solution to heading out to local gigs, and storing them when im off at college.

racefan33

GrindheadJim":2jm99l80 said:
MasterShake89":2jm99l80 said:

if I order these, will they have enough room in the tom tom cases for the suspension mounts on the rims of my toms? or will i have to dissasemble and reassemble my drum every time i have to haul them around?
They'd fit, but those cases are HORRIBLE. Try Beato 3 Pro bags instead - same price range and better protection.
Are you high? No bag is going to protect a case more than a hard case.

dbkman

ya soft shells protect from scratches and little tiny bumps. hardshell protect from everything.

GrindheadJim

racefan33":2xin1tsw said:
GrindheadJim":2xin1tsw said:
MasterShake89":2xin1tsw said:

Are you high? No bag is going to protect a case more than a hard case.
There's NO PADDING in a Nomad case. NONE. So, now, all you have is an inflexible scratch/dust cover. At least these particular bags pad and protect the drum - hell, they're thicker than the Nomads! I'm not just pulling this out of my ass - I have experience with both products. My Beatos have stood up to almost two years of heavy (ab)use.