questions

Gazdkw82§

couple of things that are bugging me.

on the hi-hat stand what exactly does that screw thing on the understand of the hats do?

also

i cant seem to get my left kick pedal in the right position, too close in and my legs are too bent around the snare and the legs of the snare stand dont fit. to far out and my hi hat stand is too far away

where do you position yours?

anavrinIV

the screw tilts the bottom hat...my felts make mine tilted naturally but if you wanted it then you can use the screw.

for the second problem, close your snare legs up a little, move your hats out some and extend the link.

loop

You might wanna try putting your slave pedal to the left of your hihat pedal(if your stand is two-legged)

Gazdkw82§

anavrinIV said:
the screw tilts the bottom hat...my felts make mine tilted naturally but if you wanted it then you can use the screw.

i understand it tilts the bottom hi hat but how does it affect the sound or feel?

screamkevin

Tilting the hi-hat gives you more of a "wash" and more sizzle when you play half-open hats. It's easier to achieve that sound with your bottom hat tilted rather than at an even plane. Also, you'll get a better "chick" sound when you close your hats.