questions for Evans EMAD users

bchamorro

1. Do you use the EMAD batter and resonant heads on your kick?
2. If you only use one, which one do you use and with what other head?
3. Are you using any additional pillows inside of your kick with the EMAD(s)?

Rob Crisp

bchamorro":1in1lfr4 said:
Ok, I use the EMAD and I do still use an internal pillow, mainly because I have a custom painted bass drum head which is kinda plasticy sounding and thick so resonates like a bitch.

Because of this I will probably just go with a decent standard head next time, although i do think the EMAD is a great idea. I guess really, with tuning and a little pillow inside, you don't really need muffling rings on the kick head.

But like I say, I have no complaints, just not sure if it's really neccessary.

GeorgeDemise

I've got the EMAD2, at the moment I don't have anything inside it apart from a towel for when it has a mic inside it. I might put a small pillow in there though. I can't remember what resonant I have on it, it's not a shit one though, I think its like a powerstroke 3 resonant or something.

GrindheadJim

bchamorro":18si9kjs said:
I only use the EMAD2 Batter head; my reso is a standard black Pearl logo head (showmanship is a bitch). I do use one small, lightweight foam pillow in each drum - about the size of two loaves of wonder bread.

Brian L

I'm using the clear emad 2 head, and i also use a pillow in the kick. I think its a really good head. it looks like it'll last me for a really long time.

Howepirate

I use an Emad2 batter that happens to be coming up on it's 3rd year of my use and an Evans G2 Coated reso. Warm bump.