Puresound Custom Snare Wires

ForeverThePariah

Picked some up today on my lunch. Band is practicing tonight so Im gona see how they sound. Never had a chance to use them (price kinda sucks..), has anyone? Was it worth the money? I am putting it on my 13" Musashi btw.

ForeverThePariah

wmpdrummer13":2eaeli4d said:
I might just have been expecting a little better sound out of them because of the price but they are aight.

Either way im a little depressed right now, haha. It should atleast sound better then my broken one so I guess I can't complain to much, and I didn't want to go with the cheap $8 ones they have.

Brian L

i bought them awhile ago. i thought they made a improvement and i would buy them again. on another note, how often do u change out a reso head?

AmnestysLowEnd

I actually really like the pure-sound wires the price sucks but they are made better, the wires aren't chromed, the butt ends are designed so the wires lay flat, the wires are all tensioned the same and the solders are filed so they don't pierce the reso. I recommend loosening your wires and tuning the drum for punch. Most guys try to tighten the wires to add punch but it really just cuts all resonance and makes the drum less responsive. Try it out and you'll see what I mean.