Proper pedal care

meinldude69

i'm going to be getting a new pedal for my birthday (14 days =))

since it's going to be a high end pedal, and i wanna take good care of it so i need the 411 on pedal care

if anyone could give me tips on anything, i'd appreciate it

also any sites that give good info on pedal care are appreciated too

Brother_Bong

My best advice is to treat any high end pedal like a high end auto mobile. Clean it regularly, keep it tight and lubricated, listen for problems ,don't let idiots touch it, and make sure it's safe when you leave it.
Oh, and buy a Trick!

Joshua6393

My best advice is to treat any high end pedal like a high end auto mobile. Clean it regularly, keep it tight and lubricated, listen for problems ,don't let idiots touch it, and make sure it's safe when you leave it.
Oh, and buy a Trick!
I completely Agree! And make sure you keep it in a case! Ive taken my DW 9002 pedal out without a case before...BAD IDEA! haha What pedal are you getting?

meinldude69

well i went to the guitar center and i decided on the 7002 plus i got a 18" A Custom crash to replace the majorly cracked Meinl Amun crash i had, unfortunately my parents can't shell out the cash for a trick

i was wondering if there's anyway to make the beaters in sync
when i pull back the beaters the main pedal swings more freely and long than the slave pedal
can this be fixed or do i just suck it up and deal with it?

Joshua6393

Make sure both the springs are set up the same, Im not sure what other alterations you can make on the 7000 but on the 9000 it has pretty much every thing you could possible want to adjust haha
btw guys, whats a trick? haha

meinldude69

^^^ direct drives are incredibly smooth though

any recommendations for what kind of lubricant to use?

oh and last question....for now atleast =P

the screws that hold drive shaft to the pedals always seem to come loose, got any remedys to fix this problem?

audiotech

Joshua6393":3bl4y8yp said:
A good lubricant would be WD40 or Vassaline :)

Sorry, but WD40 is really not a lubricant. WD= Water Displacement. I use it as an anti-freeze to separate corroded parts, but never as a lubricant.

A good fine oil, sewing machine or gun oil would work much better.

Dennis

J0k3r

well u could use plumbers seal on the screws, it sets well but u may have trouble gettin them undone. also don't over tighten them, this damages the treads. if u use plumbers seal (screw tape, stuff u brush on) only apply it to the end close to the top of the screw, *furthest away from the part that goes in first* :mrgreen: