Proof that your band sucks

Rockula!

This site is both hilarious and depressing
Think your band is unique?
Think again
There's a thousand bands out there just like you and they have the same tired ass promo shot
As you check out this site remember this
You don't have to make the same mistakes these douchebags did

WARNING!
This site is addictive and, before you know it, you've spent at least an hour looking at these losers

http://www.rockandrollconfidential.com/hall/index.php

Keep telling yourself that you're not like them

SmellsLikeIan

OH MY GOD! That's the funniest thing I have ever seen! I see lame flyers for bands and sometimes make similar comments to myself.....

m

I remember browsing thru that site a few years ago- funny stuff.
Made my band promise not to do any train-track or brick wall poses at promo time.

Where does the photographer want to go first? Train station and brick-walled depot. We don't use him anymore.

Mistajohn

Rockula, you crack me up, man!

That site is sick! I cannot even look at it! I saw the firs page and almost died laughing!

Yeah, the inability of bands to set themselves apart musically, AND the insanley lame nature of their promo shots has made me go nuts over the years. Seeing those pics makes me completely loose my lunch (while laughing of course).

I am not gonna sit here an toot my own horn, but I always say it to bands: "DO WHAT IS POSSIBLE TO BE DIFFERENT!)

But I really don't care if bands heed my advive or not. In fact it's better if they dont!

But for my own band, we set ourselves apart musicall, and visual. First off we have TWO DRUMMERS! Then there's TWO GUITARS, a BASS player and then our singer! SIX OF US.

And we are no tshirt and jeans band. We wear some insane stuff (one of our guitar players is the LA legend GABY GODHEAD (xHaunted Garage). Gaby is one of the most well know guitarist in LA cuz he rips and usually wears a dress and heels...and then their the make up!

But we are no Glam band!

Anyway, look different, play different and be different. We shock people when we arrive in a town in street clothes (it happened in Eisenach Germany- a real sleepy little religious town where Martin Luther was born). We cam to won on that tour (Two white guys, a latino, an asian and a black cat - me) and got looks immediately. When we put on the stage garb and became our stage personas, we scared the crap out of people...and we're friendly!

Most of the crowd hung out in the back of the room, afraid to come to the stage area.

Some chick came to me afterwards and asked "what drugs are you guys on? " and she was SERIOUS!

I said "none, but what drugs do you have?"

Stay Weird!

Mista John

m

Mistajohn":dw8ydi8m said:
But for my own band, we set ourselves apart musicall, and visual. First off we have TWO DRUMMERS! Then there's TWO GUITARS, a BASS player and then our singer! SIX OF US.
And we are no tshirt and jeans band. We wear some insane stuff (one of our guitar players is the LA legend GABY GODHEAD (xHaunted Garage). Gaby is one of the most well know guitarist in LA cuz he rips and usually wears a dress and heels...and then their the make up!
well, I'm intrigued!
got a link that works? The myspace address seems to be bad.
I wanna hear/see

Timekeep69

There used to be a page called the "Wall of shame" it was all pics of bands that had pictures taken with a brick wall in the background. It was hilarious.

Band pictures are a pain in t he ass to take.

That's some funny stuff lol...without exception, every picture on that site looks like a pic of bands you see around here in the weekend section of the newspaper when they advertise who is playing where.

Rockula!

The thing that is endearing is that most of us have done our fair share of "brickwalling"
The question is, how do people not notice this stuff?
This site just proves how unimaginative a good number of bands out there are

FelterSkelter

Sadly, my first band was kind of like that (I quit like 12 years ago or more). They are still at it and I've recently had to ask them to STOP CALLING ME THEIR DRUMMER on the website. I don't really have any cred to begin with, I don't need them getting me negative points. They don't give up.