Probably a dumb question

NG1284

But my drummer's OCD is kicking in :lol:

So I picked up some Saluda's for christmas (17" and 19"). My parents decided to leave them in the box they shipped with, wrapped it, and left the box standing up on it's side for at least a weak. It wasn't leaning against anything, just sitting there propped up, not layed down flat. Is that going to damage my cymbals in any way? :?

Homki890

Depends on the kind actually. If it's a higher end, I wouldn't stress too much, but get the cymbals off the edge quick. If its in a box, there's a small amount of give for it to rest against. If it's a lower end, then I would recommend getting it off the side as quick as possible. It might effect the sound. Plates are sturdy objects, and they can take a beating, so I wouldn't seat too much about it.

Homki890

rufus4dagruv

NG1284":2euh61gj said:
But my drummer's OCD is kicking in :lol:

So I picked up some Saluda's for christmas (17" and 19"). My parents decided to leave them in the box they shipped with, wrapped it, and left the box standing up on it's side for at least a weak. It wasn't leaning against anything, just sitting there propped up, not layed down flat. Is that going to damage my cymbals in any way? :?
Honestly, I seriously doubt it's going to cause any problems, but if it would make you feel more comfortable, maybe you can explain to your 'rents that you had some reservations, and would feel much more at ease regarding your investment if the box would be laid flat. Just a thought.

christopherabruce

Leave them where they're at, nothing will happen. Nothing will happen if you leave them there for ten days or for ten years. If you lay the box flat on the floor, someone in your house may carelessly step on the box and do some actual damage to your new plates.

frankl

The only dumb thing going on in this post is that you bought saluda :D It's ok, see look, I'm smiling.

NG1284

frankl":3sol1re3 said:
The only dumb thing going on in this post is that you bought saluda :D It's ok, see look, I'm smiling.
Well, I love them. I don't think I'll be buying any Zildjian's (my old brand) for quite a loooong time.

And as a side note, I do like Paiste - I have two of them that come in and out of my set up. So, from someone who's tried both brands, I'm more inclined to stick with Saluda than Paiste. And even with Zildjian for that matter.

frankl

NG1284":1layzsjj said:
frankl":1layzsjj said:
Well, I love them. I don't think I'll be buying any Zildjian's (my old brand) for quite a loooong time.

And as a side note, I do like Paiste - I have two of them that come in and out of my set up. So, from someone who's tried both brands, I'm more inclined to stick with Saluda than Paiste. And even with Zildjian for that matter.
You eat poop for breakfast, lunch & tea :arrow:

Howepirate

frankl":3i5q24wz said:
1. No... stop being stupid.
2. Don't create another account on here and use it, or I will refer you to Greg.

frankl_2

Howepirate":23qujdhd said:
frankl":23qujdhd said:
2. Don't create another account on here and use it, or I will refer you to Greg.
That frankl guy made another account? What a dick. Just out of curiosity, who's Greg?

stump

frankl_2":1qkvz23z said:
Howepirate":1qkvz23z said:
frankl":1qkvz23z said:
That frankl guy made another account? What a dick. Just out of curiosity, who's Greg?
Greg is the admin for this site who zaps accounts of people who don't know how to act here. P.O.Y!