Premier drums

Bigd11

anybody play Premier drums? im from england and i play Premier mainly cos there made just up the road in leicester, just wondering if any other people on here played Premier and if so where do you come from?

loop

I don't have Premiers myself but I often use a set of Artist Maples. They're great drums but I don't like their ISO tom mounts.

PS - Premier makes some great hardware! I use 6000 boom stand (which carries 12'' tom and three cymbals) and 6000 snare stand. Both are quality stands

Bigd11

awesome, i play artist maples but i quite like the ISO mounting system i think the look of it is very retro as far as mounting systems go, but each to there own i suppose

And i very strognly agree with you as regards to the hardware, all my hardware is 6000 series apart from my double pedal which is an iron cobra but i do have a 6000 double pedal but the iron cobra is just awesome, but all the 6000 series hardware is just outstanding, all the updates they have done on them is outstanding

JaredWard

I use the Gen-X series, there on my myspace. Got em off Ebay for a awesome price but I've been using Premier drums since 2002. I really think there the best quality sounding drums out there. Its weird because most people dont play em here in the states. I'm from Ohio but Scott Phillips (Alter Bridge/Creed) is the guy I have to thank for turning me to em. Heres the specs:

Gun Metal Laquer Finish - Toms - (10in 12in 14in 16in) - Bass (22in)

quikstang2

I've got some vintage Premiers. I'm told they're international sized pre-1973 beech wood 4-piece. I'm in the middle of restoring and upgrading them. Too many details to list, but I'll keep everyone posted.

Bigd11, if you ever get a chance would you mind asking Premier exactly what diameter, depth and anything else about them that would be good to know?
I've asked tons of experts and emailed Premier and I haven't gotten any answers. I tried measuring them but they aren't metric or American sized.

panteracfh3

I have a 9 piece set of Premier APK. They've held the test of time over the last 14 years. I had to replace my original snare because it started to sound like shit but other than that, the kicks & toms still sound awesome. They even held up from the band's move from Boston to LA.

diceptikon

you guys are pretty much not smart and can't help it, or from england. especially the guy who can't measure his drum dimensions. please explain to me how they are not metric or american. and then explain what underground drumhead company makes drumheads for them that aren't in inch" increments.

PritchDingo

I've been playing a premier kit for the past 4 year's my first kit was a CB kit hahaha. But yea i think the premier kit's are class im not really sure what series my kit is so if anyone can gimme a hand that'll be good cheer's.

Sam , Devon

ash

I'm lucky enough to carry an endorsement with Premier and have recently had a hand made all maple kit delivered for the tour I'm on currently. The shells are amazing and completley kick the ass off the Yamaha gear I've been playing for years. It's beatifully constructed, sounds amazing and looks gorgeous... what more could a drummer ask for?

I would agree that the 6000 series cymbal and snare stands are great, although the kick and hi-hat pedals Premier produce do need some work. From what I was told at the factory they should be addressing that problem next year.

drummiesyd

I play a Premier kit in which you can see on my my space page at www.myspace.com/lamontsydnor. I love my drums. I use to have a 6 piece XPK when I was younger.

I am looking for a Genista series kit as we speak white marble or sparkel or natural wood, 8, 10 , 12, 14, 16 with 20in Kick.

Peace :D

loop

ash":2nxsoc3j said:
I would agree that the 6000 series cymbal and snare stands are great, although the kick and hi-hat pedals Premier produce do need some work. From what I was told at the factory they should be addressing that problem next year.
that's why I'm only using snare and boom stands :twisted:

mikeellis

quikstang2":ud8steqg said:
I've got some vintage Premiers. I'm told they're international sized pre-1973 beech wood 4-piece. I'm in the middle of restoring and upgrading them. Too many details to list, but I'll keep everyone posted.

Bigd11, if you ever get a chance would you mind asking Premier exactly what diameter, depth and anything else about them that would be good to know?
I've asked tons of experts and emailed Premier and I haven't gotten any answers. I tried measuring them but they aren't metric or American sized.
Sounds like they are 'pre-international' which would make them pre-1967. Premier until this time, made their drums to their own 'non international' diameters - 12" = 11 7/8ths, 16" = 16 1/4" and 20" = 19 3/4". Remo still make heads that fit in coated ambassador and clear pinstripe, the labels are marled 'Premier' to distinguish them from international size heads.

mikeellis

diceptikon":1dw1ct56 said:
you guys are pretty much not smart and can't help it, or from england. especially the guy who can't measure his drum dimensions. please explain to me how they are not metric or american. and then explain what underground drumhead company makes drumheads for them that aren't in inch" increments.
'Remo'.

meddlejordison

Well I have never owned Premier drums but I have to say that they sound awesome. I mean if Keith Moon could pull them off with that great sound then they've got me!

mjolnir

Hi!! i'm from QuÃ?bec,Canada and i play Premier Vitria series.at first i was looking for pearl session or master but when i've tried the Premier kit...sale was done!!!I did not use the Premier hardware cause i prefer Pearl hardware and DW or Tama pedal. I think Premier made great drum but cheap hardware.

Andy Mac

I replaced my drums(not hardwear) 6 years ago and got a set of Premier Artist Birch shells and mounts and i love them. There great sounding drums. I am not keen on the mounts tho, never as sturdy as Pearl mounts. Thats why i use Pearl hardwear for the rest of my kit.

quikstang2

mikeellis - Thanks for the info man. I wasn't sure what was going on with those sizes, but they're the same ones you said. Fortunately the bass is a full 22" (it's got a sticker inside that says it too). I didn't know about Premier making up their own sizes for the heck of it. I think just about every car company has done that at some point in time as well, so it all makes sense to me now. I've gotten heads for them already. A local shop called up Remo and told them they're funny sized and Remo knew what to send.

deceptikon - Get educated on vintage drums...and quit making Floridians look stupid, the politicians are bad enough.

necrovore

On this note people, what can you tell me about the new model Cabria XPK, I know the older version wasnt too shit hot, though looking at the specs. of this new model I am quite interested, I cant really afford much more and have to live within my means, though Rock Maple Shells and die-cast hardware seems like a pretty sweet thing to me, do any of you guys own or have heard one of these models?

karma10drummer

I have a set of Premiers XPK in Saphire finnish and have to say this is the best sounding kit for the money. They are 15 years old and have had nothing but good compliments on the sounds and look of them..

DreamT

I've never personally played a Premier kit but if all of 'em sound as good as Rod Morganstein's kit then they have my stamp of approval