practice pads for double bass

bastardbaby

I just got a practice pad so I could practice my double bass on my own without having to wait until my band practices. It should be in by next week. It looks like this

I was just wondering, does anyone think this will help me to increase my stamina and speed?

screamkevin

The pad will help.

But, perhaps not how you think.

By the tone of your post (and if I'm wrong, forgive me), you're seeming to be looking for a "magic pad" that will make you get better really quick. There is no quick way to get faster. The only way to do it is practice. A lot of practice. Every single day. You'll be sore, tired, and sick of practicing, but it will pay off in the end.

Yes, the pad will help. But not on it's own. The work has to be done.

loop

This pad will help you increase your stamina and speed but personally I don't like the feel of it. This is what I use for home practice

Shalaq

I had this pad for some time. It has more rebound than a regular loosely tuned bass drum. It's like with a snare pad- you have more rebound so you have to work more. But I still prefer the Futz pads.

bastardbaby

screamkevin":2sp0azye said:
The pad will help.

But, perhaps not how you think.

By the tone of your post (and if I'm wrong, forgive me), you're seeming to be looking for a "magic pad" that will make you get better really quick. There is no quick way to get faster. The only way to do it is practice. A lot of practice. Every single day. You'll be sore, tired, and sick of practicing, but it will pay off in the end.

Yes, the pad will help. But not on it's own. The work has to be done.
of course i'll practice everyday. probably for hours a day. i love to play, its just the kit i use is at our practice place, and i can only play when we practice. and i live in an apartment, so i cant play a full kit here.

bastardbaby

jasondrums":19qrelhw said:
Do you not own a kit?
i do own a kit, but i dont take it home with me every time we get done practicing. i leave it at our practice place. thats why i got the pad. so i could practice at home.