• evans eq3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • evans emad 2

• aquarian super-kick 2

• Total voters

AmnestysLowEnd

I have used the powersonic and I was disappointed and I consider myself a remo man even though I got evans all over my kit at the moment, but I am going to switch back. The powersonic gave me a hard time trying to get a goos tone it was all attack and no real tone but, I still believe it was a screwed up head head. I tried a Superkick 1 and it was nice but when I lost its tone I tried the Evans Emad2 It's great It has plenty of low end boom with the right amount of click with felt betters to make it distinctive. I tuned mine right above the wrinkle point and slaped the small ring on it and that is mighty tasty. And for a more traditional sound the bigger ring dose it right!

samreynolds

I, like AmnestysLowEnd, also had problems with the Powersonic. No matter what combination of batter and resonant tuning i tried, I always had way too much attack/punch and very little or no tone. Even with the pillow off there is very little tone. I thought it may have been a defective head but i heard many people have had the same problem. This has been the first and only time I will buy the powersonic.

AmnestysLowEnd

samreynolds":w3m6jk7n said:
I, like AmnestysLowEnd, also had problems with the Powersonic. No matter what combination of batter and resonant tuning i tried, I always had way too much attack/punch and very little or no tone. Even with the pillow off there is very little tone. I thought it may have been a defective head but i heard many people have had the same problem. This has been the first and only time I will buy the powersonic.
Yeah dude I thought the same so it seems I am not te only one. All though when Mic'ed it sound decent just to "death metal" like for my funky taste.