Powersonic or emad

drumshark

Hey, im lookin for a new batter for my bass drum, and im looki at the Remo powersonic, but iv heard great things about the evans emad, can someone tell me some of the major differences between the two.

Rem

Ive not played on an Emad

but ill tell you something, I just skinned a 22" on my kick and it sounds awesome, ive only got a small cushion up against my front skin, the snap on dampening pad does wonders, i love it. Id recommend it, but its annoying at £39.99

xdoseonex

I use an emad, and swear by it. half the drummers i talk to swear by the emad head, the other half use one of the other hundreds of heads that are out there. the only thing i'v heard being praised as much as the emas is the aquarian superkick II. its a similar head

musicmaker136

well I own a powerstroke3(could be misspelled...sry) but I'm looking on getting the remo powersonic drumheads....how do emads sound like?..send mp3 through pm’s please...

michiganice91

xdoseonex":gxb2m9ze said:
I use an emad, and swear by it. half the drummers i talk to swear by the emad head, the other half use one of the other hundreds of heads that are out there. the only thing i'v heard being praised as much as the emas is the aquarian superkick II. its a similar head
dude..superkick II owns emad. Drumshark..stop by a guitar center..they will have the powersonic for u to try out..personall i think it had a different feel than any other head ive used..and i liked it quite a bit.

Rem

your entitled to your own opinions, but i love the powersonic when it is properly tuned!

Rockdrummer15

Aquarian Superkick II will make you happier than those 2, but if u hafta get one of those..powersonic
I completely agree. The Superkick II is amazing. I have had it on my kit for about a year now and still is holding up great and sounds amazing. I had an EMAD on my kit about a year and a half ago, and the part around the outside that holds in the dampening ring broke right off and i ended up taping the ring on the head. I'd definitely go with the Superkick II which has the ring buit into the head.