Possibly buying this set

Status
Not open for further replies.

anojeezick

It is a pearl and it is black. The guy who I am buying it from says it is export series but I want to be sure. What series is this?
Also, what price should I offer for it. Notice the rust and no hoops for the suspended toms. Also, take away the hi-hats + stand and the snare + stand. I will also be replacing the hoops on the bass drum and probably buying new heads.

Thanks

anavrinIV

i wouldnt buy it. first, everything is rusted. second, youd need at least new bottom rack tom hoops and new heads all around, and if youd still need a snare, snare stand, and hihats, well....idk. i mean, if you get a set knowing that you need to buy new hoops, heads, a snare and stand, and a set of hihats just to make it playable, especially if its something like and old export set (which it may not be, i personally dont know), i say keep looking. or tell him that youll do him a favor by just taking them, and explain why. to me, i just dont think its worth it. you can find something better.

anojeezick

anavrinIV":s2qyn8t8 said:
i wouldnt buy it. first, everything is rusted. second, youd need at least new bottom rack tom hoops and new heads all around, and if youd still need a snare, snare stand, and hihats, well....idk. i mean, if you get a set knowing that you need to buy new hoops, heads, a snare and stand, and a set of hihats just to make it playable, especially if its something like and old export set (which it may not be, i personally dont know), i say keep looking. or tell him that youll do him a favor by just taking them, and explain why. to me, i just dont think its worth it. you can find something better.
I am definitely thinking about that, but to clear things up, I have hi-hats, a snare, and stands for both. I wanted to know if it is a vintage set so I could pick it up and restore it and maybe resell it.

anavrinIV

anojeezick":39zf8vhe said:
anavrinIV":39zf8vhe said:
I am definitely thinking about that, but to clear things up, I have hi-hats, a snare, and stands for both. I wanted to know if it is a vintage set so I could pick it up and restore it and maybe resell it.
exports dont become vintage, they just get old. theres nothing about that set that isnt blown away by a new set of exports and any restoration is at your own expense...i personally dont think that youd get your investment back on a resell, or enough to make it justifiable.

anojeezick

You know what, thanks bro. I just popped out of my dream of instant gratification.
Whew glad that is over.

END OF THREAD!!

anavrinIV

maybe you should wait for other advice before completely giving up. maybe someone has some advice that can get you to really come out on top by getting that set, i just dont see it. maybe it can be done, i dont know everything.

Martybabes

That would possibly be the biggest waste of money EVER. You want the seller to be paying you to take that off his hands !!!

galgano16

i wont even consider puttin a price on tht shit box, its rusty, 2 many parts missing, and the guy u want 2 buy it from seems 2 be a sneaky character, id stay away from this one

Toad

Good God. What kind of person let's their kit get into that kind of disrepair?? Run for the hills and don't look back!!! You can get some really good used sets in great shape from private owners just shop around.

Status
Not open for further replies.