Pork Pies

pphunk

New member







Drums - Pork Pie:

6x14 Snare
9x13 Rack Tom
16x16 Floor Tom
16x18 Floor Tom
20x24 Bass Drum

Cymbals - Zildjian:

14" A Quickbeats
18" A Custom Medium Crash
18" A Medium Crash
18" A Rock Crash
20" Oriental China Trash
22" K Custom Ride
22" A Medium Ride

The plan is to eventually get a 14x16 (maybe 14x14 depending on how they sound together) floor tom to go on my right as the first floor tom, move the 16x16 back and leave the 16x18 to the right of my hi-hat and put a 20" Oriental Classic China above that. But that's about another $1200 in the future.
 

racefan33

New member
Nice kit. Pork Pie drums are great. I live close to their homebase and I have had Bill do the edges on my drums. If I come into a LARGE wad of money I'd get a kit of his. His paintjobs are just sick.
 

pphunk

New member
racefan33":5yrr95uq said:
Nice kit. Pork Pie drums are great. I live close to their homebase and I have had Bill do the edges on my drums. If I come into a LARGE wad of money I'd get a kit of his. His paintjobs are just sick.
Thanks. They did cost quite a bit. In fact i figured it out the other day. All together my kit cost more than all 5 cars i've ever owned combined. Though to be fair i did own mostly junkers because i was spending all my money on drums. :D
 

xdoseonex

New member
sick looking kit. i bet it sounds even better than it looks. nice ride, i have the same one and it probly my favorite cymbal
 

pphunk

New member
xdoseonex":8b5ckmzs said:
sick looking kit. i bet it sounds even better than it looks. nice ride, i have the same one and it probly my favorite cymbal
Oh yeah, sounds wonderful. I've had other drummers ask to use it to record with because it sounds so much better than what they're using.

I love that ride too. I don't know that it's my fav., that would probably go to my hi-hats, but definitely close.
 

m

New member
very nice! I've got the same TV-tray, with an Axiom 25 sitting on it presently.

I really dig your TSD material, enjoying the tracks right now. Have any of you guys heard of Dif Juz or Gwei-lo? Spacey instrumental stuff, a bit like Mogwai.
anyway, very cool tunes; I really dig your band. Will have to look you up next time we're up that way.

dangit- just looked at your site- bellydancing and Theremin- that cinches it- we need to get together. Are you guys still working together?
who plays the Theremin in your band?
 

pphunk

New member
m":10ziu53q said:
very nice! I've got the same TV-tray, with an Axiom 25 sitting on it presently.

I really dig your TSD material, enjoying the tracks right now. Have any of you guys heard of Dif Juz or Gwei-lo? Spacey instrumental stuff, a bit like Mogwai.
anyway, very cool tunes; I really dig your band. Will have to look you up next time we're up that way.

dangit- just looked at your site- bellydancing and Theremin- that cinches it- we need to get together. Are you guys still working together?
who plays the Theremin in your band?

Hey, thanks alot. Never heard of them, where are they from? One of the guitarist plays the Theremin, though right now it's broken so it's been a while since we've written anything for it. We're still active, we're just finishing up writing the last tune for our new record which we'll start recording mid Jan. and then we'll be on the road in March.

I'm pretty sure i added Analog Missionary as a friend when i first discovered this board because i really like what you guys are doing too.
 

m

New member
pphunk":ltvaulxi said:
Hey, thanks alot. Never heard of them, where are they from? One of the guitarist plays the Theremin, though right now it's broken so it's been a while since we've written anything for it. We're still active, we're just finishing up writing the last tune for our new record which we'll start recording mid Jan. and then we'll be on the road in March.

I'm pretty sure i added Analog Missionary as a friend when i first discovered this board because i really like what you guys are doing too.
They were both British bands, now defunct. DJ was on 4ad in the 80s, they had some dealings w/ the Cocteau Twins and guested on each others albums.
Gwei-lo released one album in the on Bella Union before their guitarist passed away. Both way ahead of their time and sadly difficult to find recordings of now. There's a DJ tribute page on myspace, but it doesn't feature their best work.

I left a comment on your page when I noticed we were already friends. If you guys decide to head down south I'd be happy to help string some shows together; we hope to be finished in the studio and back on the road by then too.
 

pphunk

New member
m":13cbs8qd said:
I left a comment on your page when I noticed we were already friends. If you guys decide to head down south I'd be happy to help string some shows together; we hope to be finished in the studio and back on the road by then too.

Nice, i'll have to get ahold of the guy who's booking the tour for us and see where we're going/what he's got booked already and hopefully we can head that way. I'd really like that.
 

m

New member
pphunk":36hc40u5 said:
Nice, i'll have to get ahold of the guy who's booking the tour for us and see where we're going/what he's got booked already and hopefully we can head that way. I'd really like that.
cool~
I'd at least like to catch a show or two if you were in the area.

just found a gwei-lo page on myspace: http://www.myspace.com/gweilomusic
it's kind of drum-centric ambient instrumental stuff. Hope you don't hate it.
 

m

New member
are you sitting backwards in some of your pics on the band gallery page? I don't believe I've seen anyone do that before.
 

pphunk

New member
m":2mhy4c2s said:
are you sitting backwards in some of your pics on the band gallery page? I don't believe I've seen anyone do that before.
I'm at the front of the stage with my back to the audience. I can't remember why we decided it would be a good idea, it wasn't. The place we were playing had a really bad PA and everyone complained that my drums were lost in the mix. That was the last time we tried that. :)
 
Top