Poplar?

Piddywiffle

What exactly is poplar and how do the high, mids, and lows sound out on it?

I know I could google it, but I will probably get a better/more informative answer on the forum.

Thanks
8)

Howepirate

It is pretty versatile. Check out a drummer names Rich Galichon ... he recorded some of that stuff with his pearl ERX i believe which if you didnt know...is poplar

drummert2k

poplar is basically a generic version of maple. ony cheaper, softer, doenst look as attractive. pearls lower line stuff is poplar. although if you put a 100% poplar drum next to a 100% maple drum, theres quite a difference. poplar is a cheaper alternative to maple to keep the cost of lower model kits down.

Howepirate

drummert2k":3bcftcbn said:
poplar is basically a generic version of maple. ony cheaper, softer, doenst look as attractive. pearls lower line stuff is poplar. although if you put a 100% poplar drum next to a 100% maple drum, theres quite a difference. poplar is a cheaper alternative to maple to keep the cost of lower model kits down.

and whats-his-face says you dont know sh*t

Thanks i needed to know that as well

drummert2k

Howepirate":2hqs4bst said:

haha, how about it. i wonder what happened to that post. im guessing it got taking down due to it not really having anything to do with drumming.

Howepirate

drummert2k":356ck42m said:
Howepirate":356ck42m said:

haha, how about it. i wonder what happened to that post. im guessing it got taking down due to it not really having anything to do with drumming.

Lol i'd suppose so as well as it was about the lamest post on here, to say the least.