do u use double bass?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

drummert2k

i've played doube pedal for years but now none of the music i play has a need for it. every now and then i get a call as a fill in or to do a studio session where i need double pedal but with my main bands i use all single pedal.

Metropolis1021

Well, i think the truth is, no music needs double bass, but there's alot of things you don't NEED to play music. Playing double bass is GREAT. you can explore greater lengths and then again, you don't always have to use it. it's just a great tool to have available for whatever.I AM 100% PRO - DOUBLE BASS!

phoenix7289

I am in the religion Nickoism.. for Nicko McBrain... which has a strong request to be single.... and personally I am proud to be able to keep a 16th speed going for quite awhile with a single! :)

Benhamin

100% pro at double bass?
id like to see that put to test

anyway yeah i use double bass
depend what i play
adds more beat and fills
and i like it

Flatliner

its just one more tool in the tool box, I don't think I'd ever use a single pedal over a double. probably about half the stuff I do with a double i can do with a single, most of the time it just feels better and takes less energry to use both feet though.

Crash101

it can be used in ways to drive songs harder, to makes some fills sound awesome, and on a 3 piece its sometimes needed to make the band sound more full.

phoenix7289

writheindecay":clbq9hwo said:
Benhamin":clbq9hwo said:
100% pro at double bass?

depend what i play
adds more beat and fills
and i like it
pro means for
Not in this case. 100% for at double bass? Either he would have REALLY bad grammar skills.. or you are wrong here... bad misinterpretation =/
It does mean pro lol

ADIKeeper

Single all the way. I think it's possible to play pretty much anything with a single if you really woodshed it. Unless you're playing death-metal or something, then you'll need 14 toms and 24 cymbals to match :roll: .

phoenix7289

ADIKeeper":15ekrug3 said:
Single all the way. I think it's possible to play pretty much anything with a single if you really woodshed it. Unless you're playing death-metal or something, then you'll need 14 toms and 24 cymbals to match :roll: .
14 toms and 24 cymbals?! That sounds fun!!!

phoenix7289

phoenix7289":1ntjaxka said:
ADIKeeper":1ntjaxka said:
14 toms and 24 cymbals?! That sounds fun!!!
Oh and this was my 400th post! WOO!!!

writheindecay

phoenix7289":2asg4i15 said:
writheindecay":2asg4i15 said:
Benhamin":2asg4i15 said:
100% pro at double bass?

depend what i play
adds more beat and fills
and i like it
pro means for
Not in this case. 100% for at double bass? Either he would have REALLY bad grammar skills.. or you are wrong here... bad misinterpretation =/
It does mean pro lol
read further back to the guy hes talking about. the guy said he was 100% pro double bass. the guy i corrected misunderstood what he said and assumed the guy said he was a pro at double bass, i was simply telling him that pro means "for" as well. which means the person was saying he was 100% FOR double bass.

Jrad

Double bass to me is a very fun i use it in my power metal band all the time but in my punk band it doesn't really require it but i am definitly pro dbl pdl

phoenix7289

writheindecay":3bs6s8ym said:
phoenix7289":3bs6s8ym said:
writheindecay":3bs6s8ym said:
Benhamin":3bs6s8ym said:
100% pro at double bass?

depend what i play
adds more beat and fills
and i like it
pro means for
It does mean pro lol
read further back to the guy hes talking about. the guy said he was 100% pro double bass. the guy i corrected misunderstood what he said and assumed the guy said he was a pro at double bass, i was simply telling him that pro means "for" as well. which means the person was saying he was 100% FOR double bass.
Read closer :wink:
100% pro at double bass
Notice the "at" ?
100% for at double bass makes no sense
100% pro at double bass DOES.

Jhitsthespot

I play single pedal now. I used double bass for 7 years until I snapped the footboard on my pearl eliminator. So I broke out the DW 5000 single and haven't gone back. I do miss the double bass a lot at times and other times I know that I've gotten really close to doing what I could do on double with a single. It's all preference and what feels comfortable I think.

phoenix7289

Jhitsthespot":3nwvby6f said:
I play single pedal now. I used double bass for 7 years until I snapped the footboard on my pearl eliminator. So I broke out the DW 5000 single and haven't gone back. I do miss the double bass a lot at times and other times I know that I've gotten really close to doing what I could do on double with a single. It's all preference and what feels comfortable I think.
Very true. :)