playing double kick

Daza73

ive been playing double kicker for a while now but for some reason it takes me a while to warm up with my legs, feet etc and being in a band its anoying because wen i jump on stage to play i know im not going as solid and fast as i know i can is there anyway of being able to jump up without needing to warm up and play as if i was warmed up?

dahlgrendrummer

You can stretch, I usually do that, sometimes I'll just jog around the club outside. The best thing to do is to warm up if possible, I have a couple hasen futz that I carry with me too.

?uestevol

dahlgrendrummer":38yj5rsz said:
You can stretch, I usually do that, sometimes I'll just jog around the club outside. The best thing to do is to warm up if possible, I have a couple hasen futz that I carry with me too.
Yes, make sure you stretch. Although you say you don't want to you'll see a major difference in warming up... I believe it is essential to do before a show. You need to get your blood pumping and just get in your "zone" to really give a great show.

Beej

Whether its hands or feet, always find a way to warm up. You need to forewarn those neurons to what they're gonna be doing later! Always stretch and warm up.

Daza73

is there anyway to warm up farelly quickly thought coz sometimes it mite take me ages to warm up
and play as well as i know i can

Kaos

if it takes you while to warm up then take some time to warm up if you dont' warm up fast theres no way to tell you how to warm up fast. I take my mountain bike with me when we tour and I ride it for about 30 mins before a show. Keep stretched. Theres no really fast way to warm up.

drummert2k

I'd say practice your stuff until theres no doubt in your mind you'll be at the top of your game. or "under write" to your skill level. warming up is great, but not doing so shouldnt effect you're performance. playing solid is much more important than playing technical.

Rob the Drummer

Just slam down a couple Red Bulls before you play, you'll do fine! :lol:

Seriously though, find time to warm up. It's very important that you do so, especially since it is a physical issue.