place to get cheap tickets

BillRayDrums

That's never an outlet. Concert tix sales is the most marked-up business that there is.

Pretexting is a better way to get in cheap and/or free. I won't explain any further; you will have to figure that out on yer own. :D

"There are two elements to being successful:
1. Don't tell them everything you know.

"

My favorite exploit- I got my kid backstage at a Wiggles concert. :) Those guys are cool! I was tryin' to drag them down to the pub afterwards.....funny huh? Have a beer with the Wiggles?
wiggles.jpg

Thanks! Drive thru!

TheYardstick

The only way to get cheap tickets is to wake up early in the morning and buy them the second they come out, this only applies for large acts. If you miss this opportunity then you're looking at a 75%+ markup.

EOTE_drummer

are you talking buying concert tickets for cheap, or a place to purchase tickets to sell for your band?

and yardstick that is like super illegal marking up the prices of tickets.

EOTE_drummer

people do it, but that doesn't make it legal. even if you sell it for $0.01 more than you bought it, it is illegal.

and my bad about the earlier post. i failed to see the word CONCERT tickets.... :oops:

zen_drummer

EOTE_drummer":1f7oc15w said:
yardstick, that is like super illegal marking up the prices of tickets.

Interestingly enough, the anti-scalping laws made it easier, and more legal to scalp.

In most states, the law reads something like this:

"It is unlawful to charge in excess of $2.00 more than face value plus the broker's cost of obtaining the ticket."

When questioned, Steven Osgood, general counsel for the Massachusetts Department of Public Safety stated "The cost of obtaining the ticket can include expenses, such as advertising, postage and payments to an employee who waited in line to buy the ticket"

So, if YOU value your time at say, 100 bucks an hour, and you wait in line for 6 hours to buy ten tickets at a face value of 50 bucks plus a ticket surcharge of 3.50, and a facilities fee of $2.00, you can LEGALLY sell (not scalp) your ticket for $121.00. Under that law, with the same justifications, $122.00 would be scalping.

Thats 500.00 for the ten tickets, $55.00 in service fees PLUS 600.00 bucks for your time, 25 bucks to park your car, 10 bucks for lunch while waiting in line from the street meat vendor DIVIDED by 10, plus 2.00 bucks a ticket, the legal upcharge.

TheYardstick

EOTE_drummer":fpyoesfd said:
are you talking buying concert tickets for cheap, or a place to purchase tickets to sell for your band?

and yardstick that is like super illegal marking up the prices of tickets.

No one really monitors it, hell there are fucking huge sites that sell tics at rediculous prices.