Ping Ride from where

fgdgafdf

Someone on my areas Craig's list is selling a "Zildjian ping ride" 20"/51cm. I called him and asked if there was any other words on the cymbal and he said there were none. I know of A custom series having a ping ride. Is there any other series that this could cymbal could be from?

fgdgafdf

so, its either an A or an A custom, no other possibilities? And that would mean, that assuming its in good condition, its a total steal for $35.

screamkevin

fgdgafdf":1oiffoa0 said:
so, its either an A or an A custom, no other possibilities? And that would mean, that assuming its in good condition, its a total steal for $35.
Absolutely. The Ping Ride from Zildjian (until the introduction of the A Custom series) was only available from their base series, the Avedis Zildjian or "A" Zildjian line. At $35 for it, even with some wear and tear and keyholing, it's a complete steal. Jump on that bad boy!

Airborne Ranger

I have that exact cymbal, 20" A Ping Ride. It does have a very clean sound that it is a bit high in pitch. The A Custom version it a bit thinner in weight. For $35, it's a steal, enjoy!

PDP9000

They could be from A series or A-custom
i have a A-custom 22' ping ride and its the best ride
cymbal i have ever owned.

mrgreenjeans2234

xdoseonex":xn6loni3 said:
look for a zildjian stamp. if it has one buy it for $35. nio matter what it is
even a planet z?
haha

no but heres a rule of thumb between a series and a customs
a customs are in a traditional finish
a series are usual traditional
however sweet rides have come in a brillant finish
and some rock and medium crash do also
but i dont think a series would their ping ride in a brilliant
might cause confusion

skitch

mrgreenjeans2234":25t07x8b said:
xdoseonex":25t07x8b said:
look for a zildjian stamp. if it has one buy it for $35. nio matter what it is
even a planet z?
haha

no but heres a rule of thumb between a series and a customs
a customs are in a traditional finish
a series are usual traditional
however sweet rides have come in a brillant finish
and some rock and medium crash do also
but i dont think a series would their ping ride in a brilliant
might cause confusion
Actually, you can have any A series cymbal in a brilliant finish, even a Ping Ride - I played one this weekend. Ping was the bright ride in the A series and the Deep Ride is the darker in that weight. The other two cymbals were the mini cup ride and the flat top ride.