Pics of Mike Portnoy's Images and Words TAMA Kit?

wg93081

Hey everyone,
I was wondering if anyone had any pics of MP's Images and Words KIT. He doesn' t have a pic of them on his website! If anyone has please post, I'm building a replica kit of his using DW Pacific DRUMS and my exisiting pAisTe cymbals!!!
Peace! :twisted:

dutch

if it's "the monster", good luck!!! it's like 2 kits into 1!
(it was in modern drummer awhile ago)

Animal

TAMA Kit?! :shock: I

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I am quite sure that Mike was using a Mapex kit during DT's "Images and Words" and "Awake" albums.
Anyone else here to verify? :?

themoo2112

He was using TAMA Imperialstars (I think) for the I&W album. He switched to Mapex for the Awake and Change Of Seasons albums. Then he switched back to TAMA. Hope this helps!

wg93081

Images and Words was TAMA Imperialstar's. He baught those brand new when he was working as a pizza delivery boy and used them on the Images and Words TOUR in 1992! I guess we're running into a wall here with nice pictures of it eh?

Shalaq

I also has to be mentioned that the kit was triggered during the recording of Images & Words. Or at least some part of the kit(snare? toms?).

dugdrummer

themoo2112":1dl14ov0 said:
He was using TAMA Imperialstars (I think) for the I&W album. He switched to Mapex for the Awake and Change Of Seasons albums. Then he switched back to TAMA. Hope this helps!
beat me to it.. :D