Pics from NAMM

PaulZILLA

hells yea. the new USA Custom DDRUM kit. another DDUBB Spinnger kit i might add. and the new Travis Smith Signatures. hell yes. that Spaun kit owns.

Mikkey

The NAMM show has a big reputation but they don't just let anyone in. In recent years it's been a little tougher. I wanted to go but...you know.

Tatterdemons

Bleeccchhh, that pedal!!! Hideous!! I cannot see that thing doing good in the industry. Looks like it is modeled after rollercoaster track or something.

zen_drummer

pooJken":2zh0hlg0 said:
hmm intersting

but I think that you have to learn to play it...
According to Gibraltar:

Gibraltar’s new Catapult Linear Motion Bass Drum Pedal was designed to provide a true response from the players’ foot to the surface of the bass drum head by utilizing natural motion from the ankle. Upon consulting with a reputable fitness research agency, Gibraltar designed the Catapult pedal to allow the natural function of the extensor and flexor muscles.
Conventional bass drum pedal designs utilize frames with cam drives attached to springs. While pressing down on the pedal board, these springs produce a resistance promoting speed and power. In extended playing situations, this resistance often causes fatigue to the muscles of the lower leg and foot resulting in hindered playing and technique. Careful observation of the muscle groups used with a conventional style pedal showed that the return stroke or upward movement of the foot was accentuated by the return spring. This caused major resistance, hindering the natural motion of the ankle.

Gibraltar’s Catapult Linear Motion pedal (GCLMSP) was designed to permit the extensor and flexor muscles to function naturally, allowing the ankle and corresponding muscles to utilize a full range of movement. The result – a remarkable increase in muscle comfort, endurance and precision. The mechanical advantage of the GCLMSP is total harmony with the biomechanics of the natural movement of the foot.
Sounds like a bunch of nonsense to me!

xdoseonex

namm is done twice a year, summer namm and winter namm, i just went and it was amazing, from now on ill be goin every year to compete in the worlds fastest drummer contest

RobDrmz

Good for you. I've been going for 10 years, and skipped this year to hang out with the hottest woman on the planet.

Of course I missed PAT TRAVERS playing. Did anyone go to that PRS gig @ the GROVE in Anaheim?

defoe_pres

I went to NAMM and it was pretty overwhelming. It was their biggest show to date and it was reported that more people attended the show than ever before. I saw many beautiful kits there. Highlight for me was meeting Louie Bellson at the Remo booth.

Also, the Gibralter pedal that has been talked about seemed to sound OK in a huge convention center. Not sure how it would do on a miked drum. Pretty interesting design though.