{phoenix7289} I moved stuff around and got some neato stuff!

BETTER FOR YOU ALL?!!! (for those of you who were bashing how I had it before...)

• Yes, better.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Somehow you can get it to be even tighter because I am insane!!! (shut up if you are one of these pe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

phoenix7289

Yah, the word is there, but I can't remember it, the term for stuff other than cymbals, and drums basically.. like cowbells, jamblocks, etc etc, I forget the word for exotic sounding ones.. experimental etc. So here you go anyways.... New stuff was:

Small Latin Percussion Tapon Model Cowbell
Piccolo Jam Block
Stealth Jam Block

Specs of the rest of the set since I know you all will want to know who haven't seen my set and whatever...

Tama Superstar Fusion:
10"x8" Tom Tom w/ Aquarian Response 2 drumhead
12"x9" Tom Tom w/ Aquarian Response 2 drumhead
14"x14" Floor Tom w/ Aquarian Response 2 drumhead
22"x18" Bass Drum w/ Aquarian Superkick II drumhead
5.5"x14" Snare Drum w/ Aquarian Hi Energy drumhead
Tama Artwood Limited Edition:
6.5"x13" Snare Drum w/ Aquarian Hi Energy drumhead
Tama Swingstar(the only stuff from that set I dare still use):
16"x16" Floor Tom w/ Aquarian Response 2 drumhead
22"x18" Bass Drum w/ Tama Power Craft 250 drumhead

Cymbals:
14"Sabian Vault Hi Hats
14" Sabian AAX Studio Crash
16" Sabian Vault Crash
18" Paiste New Signature Dark Energy Mark 1 Crash
20" Sabian B8 Ride
12" World Percussion China
18" World Percussion China
6" Latin Percussion Ice Bell

phoenix7289

Oh yah, and my electronic stuff....

Pro Strobe Light
Two Police Beacon Lights
Construction Light or whatever. (the one hanging)
Out of view: Spot Light

anavrinIV

the drums are better but the cymbals are the same, just moved around. again, if you would quit spending on random crap you could get a better throne....i still think you should get a new throne above anything else right now.

DrumFiend0206

anavrinIV":30pzubat said:
the drums are better but the cymbals are the same, just moved around. again, if you would quit spending on random crap you could get a better throne....i still think you should get a new throne above anything else right now.
I disagree on the cymbal thing. A lot of them are WAAYY farther in than they used to be. The hi-hats are still way over to the left side of the kit, but that's what you get with two bass drums.

Looks WAAYY better imo.

phoenix7289

DrumFiend0206":3obtyvq3 said:
anavrinIV":3obtyvq3 said:
I disagree on the cymbal thing. A lot of them are WAAYY farther in than they used to be. The hi-hats are still way over to the left side of the kit, but that's what you get with two bass drums.

Looks WAAYY better imo.
Yah, the 14" crash, 16" crash, and 18" crash, were all brought in at least 6 inches, the 14" and 18" lowered as well. The ride was brought in a bit since the floor toms were brought much closer. Over 6 inches. The 18" China I lowered and brought more into my own view and I'll be able to hit it alot easier. ^_^

phoenix7289

anavrinIV":232ovbgo said:
Yah a new throne is actually what I'll go for next... you see I was looking at this one Roc-n-Soc Hydraulic at Sam Ash with a back, and I was like... fudge that feels awesome! But yah... first gotta save up $200!!! Even though I AM going to Boot Camp for the marines in a matter of less than 2 months. >.<

phoenix7289

drummer912":32bojl2u said:
there u go. man thts gonna suck but when u get thru ur gonna be able to take us all.
haha yah that's probably true, even though by the time I get outta boot camp, I will suck on the drums from no practice for THREE F-ING MONTHS!

phoenix7289

I don't know how, that 4 out of 8 votes still say I could make it tighter!!! I am a fucking large person (in height) and any tighter would have everything, EVERYTHING touching me, and if i wanted to hit a cymbal, my arm would hit toms! XD GAHHHH

Howepirate

phoenix7289":236g9oxz said:
I don't know how, that 4 out of 8 votes still say I could make it tighter!!! I am a fucking large person (in height) and any tighter would have everything, EVERYTHING touching me, and if i wanted to hit a cymbal, my arm would hit toms! XD GAHHHH
Try putting your 2 rack toms together and making them the same angle. Make your cymbals flatter and lower or higher to where you strike down on them but not into them. Pull your hi hats closer. Get rid of the extra bass drum if you dont need it. Mount your china and any bell you have as flat as possible because chinas have an angled edge and bells are solid.

phoenix7289

Howepirate":2y018m92 said:
phoenix7289":2y018m92 said:
Try putting your 2 rack toms together and making them the same angle. Make your cymbals flatter and lower or higher to where you strike down on them but not into them. Pull your hi hats closer. Get rid of the extra bass drum if you dont need it. Mount your china and any bell you have as flat as possible because chinas have an angled edge and bells are solid.
I need the extra bass... and I can't put the hats in closer! And in my world, chinas sound better angled the way mine is... and they take up less space... I go for a very Nicko McBrain'ish style... which is what I am succeeding at.

Howepirate

phoenix7289":12fbcw8l said:
Howepirate":12fbcw8l said:
phoenix7289":12fbcw8l said:
I need the extra bass... and I can't put the hats in closer! And in my world, chinas sound better angled the way mine is... and they take up less space... I go for a very Nicko McBrain'ish style... which is what I am succeeding at.
I cannot understand why you wanna be like him. He's not a good drummer..... Oh well.

Even if you wanna be like him. Every tom he has is right next to another and every cymbal he has is flat and easy to hit and placed somewhere decent and accessible in his kit. Other than his ride. Which he doesnt crash on. No need to mount that flat.

Catch me drift?

phoenix7289

Howepirate":l8eveo10 said:
phoenix7289":l8eveo10 said:
Howepirate":l8eveo10 said:
phoenix7289":l8eveo10 said:
I cannot understand why you wanna be like him. He's not a good drummer..... Oh well.

Even if you wanna be like him. Every tom he has is right next to another and every cymbal he has is flat and easy to hit and placed somewhere decent and accessible in his kit. Other than his ride. Which he doesnt crash on. No need to mount that flat.

Catch me drift?
You are seriously one of the dumbest people I've ever met if you seriously think he isn't a good drummer. Ever heard Where Eagles Dare by Iron Maiden? Yah. Single kick. Not double, single. He would start the tour, (which was over a year long I believe) with that song, EVERY SINGLE NIGHT! He is a much better drummer than you think. You must not appreciate heavy metal, or Iron Maiden, because if you did, you'd know enough of their music to know he is an AMAZING drummer.

anavrinIV

phoenix7289":3mh3vkky said:
Howepirate":3mh3vkky said:
phoenix7289":3mh3vkky said:
dude, you have an iron cobra stand...rotate the legs to the left and you can move your hihats in closer. also, i dont care how you angle your chinas (although a little flatter would make them easier to hit) but flatten your bell. angle your crashes so that you hit them flat, not on the edge or with the tip.

and again, size doesnt matter. im bigger than you (even though you dont seem to believe it) and i have my stuff close together and dont hit anything with my hands or arms while i play.