Pearl Masters Drums

Ty Amplechuck

I'm facing a dilemma right now that I'm hoping you all can help me with. I have outgrown my "astro" brand drums and am looking for a replacement. The pearl masters maple (MCX possibly?), toms only, is within my price range. I have a masters snare already and a nice 20x16 premier marching bass drum and all the hardware, so all I need is the toms. I have not heard the masters drums, I just suggested those because I already had the snare. Do you have any reccomendations for a purchase? I'm not partial to any brand, so suggest as you desire. Thanks a lot.

FatherTime

I just saw a pewter glass set at guitar center... I fell in love. The bass drum had a great sound to it. I really didn't have a chance to play a lot on the toms, but the kit was drop dead gorgeous.

In fact I told my wife she was more than welcome to come back and buy it for me as a surprise... Hasn't happened yet. Maybe the $2500 tag (2 up, 2 down and a bass) has something to do with that.

Ty Amplechuck

I found toms for $200-$300 a piece, and that's all I'm really focused on. Maybe I'll add another bass drum or get one to match later.

matt_froese

Pearl makes good drums! I've always been a fan. $200-$300 for individual toms sounds like a pretty good price for such good drums, too.
If you want another idea though, you could try making your own custom toms. www.drumworld.com (and lots of other sites too) have shells and hardware for sale, they've got options for doing things like bearing edges too. Just annother idea, it can be quite satisfying to say you built them yourself!

DrumsPlus

Pearl makes an great product and the Master series is one of there best. If you are only looking for toms, there is a custom drum maker on this forum name Medician Man. I would contact him and see if he could help you out.