Pearl Fire Cracker Snare Drum

Has anyone ever used the Pearl Firecracker Snare or anyone who currently owns one? I would appreciate the feedback :D

Ludwig Drum
Sabian and Zildjian Cymbals
PDP and Gibraltar Hardware
DW 7002 Pedals
Latin Percussion Cowbell
Rhtym Tech Hi Hat Trick
Vic Firth X5A Sticks
Vater 5A and 7A Sticks
Remo Heads

Sprocket

yea, i've played on one before and i plan on getting one hopefully soon. they have a nice quick attack, great depth, and none of those annoying overtones that you get with other snares.

-Sprocket

screamBRYAN

what he said.

my friend has one as a secondary snare, and its a really fun little drum. i found myself using it alot with a cowbell and closed hi hats... if i had the extra cash i'd buy one, but my main priorities come first... oh and the one i played was poplar.

Jrad

yeah i've used one when i worked at a guitar center i'm really thinking of getting one!

tekdrum

originally i was interested in the yamaha Musashi in Oak but the price was a bit out of budget so then i saw the firecracker but opted for a PDP 805 in maple i liked having the option to use a stand or the L mount and it's an inch or so deeper, but ultimately i do wish i would have waited for the yamaha although they are a pretty good value for the price

PaulZILLA

those things are pretty cool. i love the birch one. just take care of em. they are insane. ive even used one as a main with good results

drummer619

it didn't sound bad, i agree very nice depth...however The Jimmy Chamberlin Signature (Yamaha) Is freakin amazing, dual snare strainers, beautiful brushed finish, amazing crack off the rim and on.

galgano16

ive played both on the steel and the wood version of the snare and i hav 2 say tht the 10x5 wood is a very great fat sounding snare