Pearl Export expansion

drummerfreek55

Haha, indeed. If you only knew how old that kit is. I've had it since 6th grade and I'm now a junior in college so... about 9 years now and she's still a beauty (in my biased opinion :D )

drummerfreek55

The only update I can really post at the moment is that I lowered the angle of the chinas bigtime so I can catch the edge of them much easier but there will be pics to follow once the hi-hat stand gets replaced.

drummerfreek55

Throwin' this out there to any and all: To save myself from buying a new hi-hat stand couldn't I just drill through the two screw/rivet things holding one of the legs on and have myself a two-legged hi-hat just as easily?

Brother_Bong

drummerfreek55":3v76u1sp said:
Throwin' this out there to any and all: To save myself from buying a new hi-hat stand couldn't I just drill through the two screw/rivet things holding one of the legs on and have myself a two-legged hi-hat just as easily?
Yes you could. But remember, removing a leg from a 3 legger tends to make it tippy. Then you may need to brace it off a bass drum or another stand. If you are gonna brace it, then you wont have to remove a leg, just set it up with the legs collapsed.

drummerfreek55

Just a couple new pictures. I replaced the old black heads, removed my 16" B8 crash (it's a flipped cymbal so it doesn't hold to it's "crash" title), and angled back the chinas.

drummerfreek55

In a rather comical series of events, I decided to finally get around to counting and rolling all my change from around the house and realized I have over $90 in loose change so I believe the Tama 2-legged hi-hat will finally become a reality in the next few days. Pics to come for sure.

drummerfreek55

Still working on this as I'm typing but I'm thinking about switching up the set-up. The pic obviously shows the beginning of the plans. Not sure exactly how it'll turn out.

drummerfreek55

So, the final set-up looks exactly as you see below. I removed the 18" ZBT china and 16" APX ozone crash. I can actually hear the crack in the Meinl so I'm thinking of adding two crashes, one new addition and one to replace the Meinl. That'll be down the road tho.

b b253

Dude! hows the Tama Hi hat stand? i've been wanting one but my Mapex stand is doing great. But how is it?

drummerfreek55

Brother_Bong":wxex40hi said:
Drumosaurus":wxex40hi said:
The floor toms are waaaaaay too far away.
Kinda what I was thinking, but to each their own.
Looks cool though!
Looking at the pictures, it does look very spread out. I think I mentioned this before that I'm about 6' 4" so for me it's not near as much of a stretch as it might look. But thank you both for the feedback! :)

drummerfreek55

b b253":qsuosfvr said:
Dude! hows the Tama Hi hat stand? i've been wanting one but my Mapex stand is doing great. But how is it?
It's very nice, simply put. Not sure which model from Tama you're looking at but I have the 805 model. I was told that the 905 has a much lighter feel but I really stomp on mine and prefer the heavier feel. I love it.

b b253

man, ill probablly get one in a few months unless i run into a lot of money soon, haha but dude killer kit, i like how you put all your cymbals on like 4 stands.

drummerfreek55

b b253":2f6cpl45 said:
man, ill probablly get one in a few months unless i run into a lot of money soon, haha but dude killer kit, i like how you put all your cymbals on like 4 stands.
Haha, yeah I know exactly what you mean by working on a budget. Gotta be creative in how to mount all those cymbals. :)