Pearl Export expansion

drummerfreek55

Not sure of the drum depths but it's a 14" snare, 10", 12", 14" toms, 22" bass drum and DW5000 Turbo double pedal

Cymbals (left to right):
14" Sabian AA hats
16" Agazarian china
16" Sabian B8 Pro medium crash
10" Sabian AA Rocktagon splash
10" Sabian Xs20 splash
14" Zildjian ZXT fast crash
20" Zildjian rock ride
16" Sabian APX ozone crash
10" Sabian AAX ozone splash
18" Zildjian ZBT china
14" Meinl Gen. X filter china
15" Sabian AAX-Treme china

Thanks for takin' a look!

drummerfreek55

I guess you could say they're a bit of a love/hate thing. I've had people absolutely love the sound of it and others can't stand it. Personally, I love it cuz you won't find anything else that sounds quite like it. I don't think I would ever get the crashes but the splash is nice.

drummerfreek55

Yeah, it's a Gibraltar. I love it personally, has a realistic feel compared to a normal bass drum head. The other thing that's nice (for me anyway) is that Pearl's practice pad isn't wide enough to work for an Axis pedal whereas this is. And, yes, I totally agree on the heads! :D

drummerfreek55

These are pictures of the completed kit, cymbal-wise. I'm still working on completing an Axis A double pedal but this is updated with the Meinl Gen. X china and Sabian AA-Xtreme china. Thanks for takin' a look!

drummerfreek55

Certainly looks nice. I wish I could afford all the hardware it would take to mount all those cymbals!
Actually, I take pride in saying that all of it is mounted on 4 stands. But even so it was probably around $400 of hardware (I'm probably on the low end there).

drummerfreek55

Probably the final update on my kit for awhile, the Axis pedals are finally complete and upgraded to longboards. Pictures shown above just show the longboards with my previously used pedals. The DW's are great but I'm ready for a step up. Thanks for takin' a look.

sweet kit. looks like your next upgrade should be a two legged hi hat stand. and btw are you like freakishly tall because your drums and pedals seem really spread out?

drummerfreek55

sweet kit. looks like your next upgrade should be a two legged hi hat stand. and btw are you like freakishly tall because your drums and pedals seem really spread out?
Yeah i'm def. looking into the two legged hihat. and yeah I'm 6' 3" so I guess that explains the spread out kit.

Howepirate

Dude, looks like you're already doing pretty well with the pedals.

Just remember, there's about a month or so of adjustment for you to get used to the longboard feel.

Good luck and good playin :)