Pearl Export Drums

MetalWill1403HC

Hey Guys,
What do you think of the Pearl Export series I have heard reviews from the best drums ever to the worst drums ever and I don't know who to listen too. I have always wanted double bass so I"m deciding to get the 8-peice for $1299 on musicians friend.
What are all your opinions on it?

Alcyon

I play em. Good drums for most folks, put some good heads on em though. IMO unless you're recording you don't need amazing tone, just good heads, and Pearl is legendary for reliability and toughness.

I love mine.

Ricussion

i've been playing the same Pearl Export kit for 15 years and I agree with drummerboi819 about the Evans skins. Will, you are a genius...

Deanoatc

I play em, My grandpa Played em, I like them. They are nice. They sound great live, as well as in the studio. Like the other guy said, get them if you want, or don't get them. Simnple as that. If you like them when you play them that is all that matters. good luck.

brian

with the right heads you can get an incredible tone out of you 13" tom, i have an older export 7 pc. and i really like them!

kplante069

I've been playing the same Exports since 1987. The only problem I've ever had was with the snare. I've recorded them many times & they have always sounded great. I've got to try the evans heads though. I've been using emporers for years.

metallicat

there not bad. but i would recomend lookin into somethin with maple or birtch shells. the pearl vision line has replaced 2 of the export models the EXR and ELX. check out the vision line from pearl and also the X7 line from pacific drums and the mapex pro-m

rockon2112yyz

if if comes with the pearl ISS, make sure it is very tight to the rim before you move or even play your set. Otherwise the tom will just fall off and have some big dents in it. My school has a 5 piece export for jazz, and a tom fell off in the middle of a concert and made a huge noise and dent on the side. and yes, replace the heads also

XIxPxGX

i play an export put evans skins most deff it makes it sound great me personally iwanna get a better kit but mine sounds good and i wanna hold on to it if i can its a good kit

drumr4life509

Their def good all around drums. Unlike most people here I have mine with Remo heads and with no complaints. I get a great sound but u can always switch and try heads their not that expensive. These days I believe the export comes in EX, ELX, and EXR. From what I've heard the EX is a bit cheaper but also a bit more basic and the EXR is basicly the same as ELX but with different colors(if I'm mistaken please correct). If your looking for more details try checking out a guitar center if theres one near you they usually have one set up or atleast have one and they'll usually let you play them especially if your looking to make a purchase.

ludwigdrummer29

drumr4life509":3f87vwv7 said:
Their def good all around drums. Unlike most people here I have mine with Remo heads and with no complaints. I get a great sound but u can always switch and try heads their not that expensive. These days I believe the export comes in EX, ELX, and EXR. From what I've heard the EX is a bit cheaper but also a bit more basic and the EXR is basicly the same as ELX but with different colors(if I'm mistaken please correct). If your looking for more details try checking out a guitar center if theres one near you they usually have one set up or atleast have one and they'll usually let you play them especially if your looking to make a purchase.
the elx has nicer finishes like stains. and the exr has a rapped finish

i have an elx amber fade...my fav wood snare. im probly buyin an exr 8 piece on monday

LebBoomer

i use that set and im very happy with it. never realy gave me any probs until the pedals that came with it both broke at the same spot. lol weird