Paiste Signature Sound Edge Hats??

Drumming_Animal

Has anyone had any experience of these?? If so how were they and are they worth the money?
What sort of music do you think they are suited for?

anavrinIV

i played a pair of 14s yesterday. they sounded good, but i dont think i would have bought them. plus, my 14" 2002 sound edge hats own.

stump

I am a Zildjian guy but will admit that the Paiste Sig's were the best sounding hi-hats that I have ever owned hands down. I kick myself all of the time for selling them! Peace on ya!

Lancelot Frosty

I tried out the 13" Sound Edge Hats yesterday. Pretty good, but a bit too tinny for me.
I like my cymbals a little darker. Washier. :lol:

michiganice91

Lancelot Frosty":16ysroh0 said:
I tried out the 13" Sound Edge Hats yesterday. Pretty good, but a bit too tinny for me.
darker and washier...isn't that kind of contradicting?? Like I said to the other dude..Dark Crisp's are better! 8)

xdoseonex

michiganice91":1ryvsn94 said:
Lancelot Frosty":1ryvsn94 said:
darker and washier...isn't that kind of contradicting?? Like I said to the other dude..Dark Crisp's are better! 8)
thats not contradicting. contradicting would be "darker and brighter" or "more defined and washier"

Brother_Bong

xdoseonex":2q8frgqk said:
michiganice91":2q8frgqk said:
Lancelot Frosty":2q8frgqk said:
thats not contradicting. contradicting would be "darker and brighter" or "more defined and washier"
I'd have to agree, dark and wash are both on the same page.

Lancelot Frosty

michiganice91":16k5ohu2 said:
Lancelot Frosty":16k5ohu2 said:
Think the Meinl Byzance cymbals, and you'll know what I'm talking about.
Of course, the prices on those cymbals make my heart stop.
The sound edges aren't too universal, IMO.
Maybe good if you wanna cut through the music like no one's business. Just a guess.

ultrastu

I have 14" sound edge bottom with dark crisp top sounds decent for anything where you need abit of power and edge.
As said though they are not so universal for quieter stuff that needs better stick defenition i have some 60s new beats

xdoseonex

I think paiste signatures were accually my favorite cymbals. but i broke my 2 crashes kinda fast. and they were really expensive. so i never use them again. lookng back it was my technique as well as he fact that those things are frail. (i have 6 broken paiste signature crashes from me and the other drummer in my studio). I absolutely love my full set of a customs, and I cant wait till i finally ship my stuf to jkaime and get a full like Of custom Mist X cymbals. But I would love to have a full setup of paiste signature reflectors probly more than anything.

michiganice91

xdoseonex":3v46otbs said:
I think paiste signatures were accually my favorite cymbals. but i broke my 2 crashes kinda fast. and they were really expensive. so i never use them again. lookng back it was my technique as well as he fact that those things are frail. (i have 6 broken paiste signature crashes from me and the other drummer in my studio). I absolutely love my full set of a customs, and I cant wait till i finally ship my stuf to jkaime and get a full like Of custom Mist X cymbals. But I would love to have a full setup of paiste signature reflectors probly more than anything.
especially now since theyre starting to put heavier model in the reflector line like the heavy full crashes, heavy full hats, and the powerslave bell ride.

xdoseonex

michiganice91":q1lywtb0 said:
xdoseonex":q1lywtb0 said:
especially now since theyre starting to put heavier model in the reflector line like the heavy full crashes, heavy full hats, and the powerslave bell ride.
I would go with regular full crashes. and a heavy ride

Kris Marrizon

I agree that the Dark Crisp hats are great.
But what kind of music do you play?
My 2002 Wild Hats are the best pair of hi-hats I've ever heard. I can't get over them