Paiste Signature Full Crashes

bunnybunny

Hej Guys and Gals!

What do you think about the full crashes? I personally love the sound of'em but they're really expensive and I don't know if they're worth the money. Do you know some other crashes similar in sound but cheaper(any brand)? Any feedback appreciated :)

and how do they compare?

i'm very interasted in paragons lately, although i'm mostly a zildjian guy... any info is apriciated...

as for paiste, they do sound beautiful, but imo, they ARE overpriced, and a custom crashes are still just a tiny litle bit nicer than full crashes... just my trip...

DrumHead15

I love the 18". Just beautiful. Price is relavant in life. Soon you will be able to buy Zildjian at 7-11. Not a knock on the old Zil's.

anavrinIV

imo, the full crashes sound great and whilie they are overprice they are quite possible the smoothest, sweetest sounding cymbal my ears have ever heard. i have the 18" but it is cracked (bought it off ebay, like that when i got it).

the only thing that i think sounds pretty close to the full crash is the sabian aaxplosion. i have 2 aaxplosions and they are my favorite cymbals on my kit, best suit what i play. try some of the aaxs.

sawdust

I own a 20 and 18 both cracked within a year.Paiste replaced both under warrenty.Cracked again same year.They sound incredible but the durability is shit.So now they are in the corner collecting dust because they are past the"just cracked stage.I am looking for a good allternative but its tough.If your looking for durability then you sacrifice sound.AAX metal is what is holding up for me now.They advertise for hard hitting drummers so I have taken the bait.They don't even touch the sound of the paiste's but you can hittem with a sledge hammer and I don't htink they will crack.

Spydr2000

bunnybunny":2dd23l0f said:
Hej Guys and Gals!

What do you think about the full crashes? I personally love the sound of'em but they're really expensive and I don't know if they're worth the money. Do you know some other crashes similar in sound but cheaper(any brand)? Any feedback appreciated :)

I used Signature for awhile but they break real easy. After years of playing and technology you can find great sounding cymbals in the paiste line. I went from using signatures to using alpha/'s and 802's and currently pst5's. The quality is there the sounds are just a step below signatures but look at the price difference. Another thing about the paiste line than any other cymbal if you have a favorite sounding cymbals and you brake it, you can buy the same cymbal again with the same sound. Also in testing of these cymbals I tried to break the lower line cymbals they do break but not very easy. I'm also an extremely hard hitter so most people don't have these issues with breaking them.

Spydr2000

sawdust":2wv5sou1 said:
I own a 20 and 18 both cracked within a year.Paiste replaced both under warrenty.Cracked again same year.They sound incredible but the durability is shit.So now they are in the corner collecting dust because they are past the"just cracked stage.I am looking for a good allternative but its tough.If your looking for durability then you sacrifice sound.AAX metal is what is holding up for me now.They advertise for hard hitting drummers so I have taken the bait.They don't even touch the sound of the paiste's but you can hittem with a sledge hammer and I don't htink they will crack.
Man try Paiste PST5's ... Sabians are the biggest joke when it comes to cymbals.. the tones of them suck and they do not cut through like paistes do. The only sabian cymbals worth buying are the HH and they are pricey.

dahlgrendrummer

I hate Paiste's signature line, the sound is great but that alloy is so damn fragile! I belive the Sig alloy is less than B20, probably a b12-B16, if the alloy is anything like Meinl's B12, that explains a lot. The Soundcaster series by Meinl is B12 and it is really brittle for some reason. I have better luck with thier 2002 based stuff, a good weight 2002 crash will last a long time as long as you don't drop it on it's edge. As soon as you scuff the edges of a Paiste cymbal, they crack within days.

RockDaddy

Paiste's sound amazing. They're awesome for recording purposes but no so much practical for road use. I've had the Paistes for about 6 months now and so far I've been lucky. In the past though I have found them to be weak and break within a year. So I expect them to go at any time now.
I have 2 Sabian AAX's, a 17" aaxplosion and an 18" Metal. Then my other 2 crashes are Paiste Signature prototypes. A 20" Dark Energy with a large bell, and an 18" Full crash. I got the Paistes only because I got a sweet deal at Guitar Center. Normally I would have all Sabian AAXPlosions but I broke 2 of them and I couldn't afford to replace them. So the Paiste deal it was.

I think the AAXPlosions are the closest sounding to the Signatures and they are Professional quailty without the insane prices of Paiste. Or even Sabians HHX line. WAY too expensive. Anyway, when I record I borrow my dad's Paiste Signatures. But if I had all AAXpolisions I wouldn't even bother. Yay Sabain. Yay. :)

Stevesdrumshop

Paiste Signature are a little more expensive than most because that is what they are worth. Some Zildjian A Cst crashes show the same charachteristics.Perhas a tad darker. A bit less of that (broken glass shimmer) that signatures a reknowned for. Sabian (AAX/HHX) also have some interesting crashes. Meinl, surprisingly has some crashes that compare but are not available at all stores. Understand that it is difficult to claim one cymbal is good and another is not. Personal taste is the deciding factor. Start by hitting a cymbal with your eyes closed or have someone else hit it without being influenced by the brand name. You may be surprised at what your "Ear" chooses. None of these companies make "garbage cymbals" they all have their place. The question is which one is for you .

WingsOfMajesty

I have two on my set, and I love them. I haven't had them for that long though (less then a month), so it's very possible my mind will change if and when they break.

The Alien Drummer

I've swapped my 18 full crash for a 18 Paragon for over a month now.
The paragon is a very different cymbal. Not as much warmth or character or volume from my seat.
But last weekend a friend of mine that plays in another band was out and said it sounded awesome upfront.
Overall I'm happy with the paragon, but we'll see how it holds up to my torture :)

CHrisRoadstar

I play 2 full Crashs a 20 and an 18

they are good but not my fav, they dont cut enough for me live, esp the 20"

i would recommed a 2002 crash instead