Paiste Rude Thin Crashes

DrumHead15

Hello,
Has anyone played the Paiste Rude Thin crashes? Are they similar to Z Custom Medium crashes? Thanks!
[/color]

sharkscott

I have not had the opprotunity to play on one yet but from what I can tell off of the Paiste website they are very much like the Z-Customs.

DrumHead15

Thanks! Anyone else actually played them? Did Scott Travis (Judas Preist) use them in their recent Budakan video?

RussInsane

When I first read about the Paiste Thin RUDE crashes. I thought it was a dumb idea and kind of an oxymoron I mean when I think of RUDE cymbals I think of hard hitters like Joey Jordison or ROBO. But when I played them they were amazing, Im still afarid that a heavy hitter may break them in no time at all though. But they are a very nice sounding cymbal.

ShadowDrummer

Hey I OWN 2 of these crashes

a 18'RUDE Thin-Crash and a 20'RUDE Thin-Crash

I'm not too familiar with most Zildjians, but the 18' resembles the Sabian Dark Crashes slightly but better and the 20'is just its one cymbal. Both are great with a soft feel (definately lighter than their sibling Crash/Rides) but they still have strong cutting/projection character.

phoenix7289

I haven't gotten the chance, however, I did decide I would buy when I get the money, a 18" Paiste RUDE Crash Ride to replace my Planet Z Zildjian 18" Crash Ride, low quality brass, but sounds GREAT!!! But still, just been wanting to up all of my cymbals. Also, I got the idea to get the Paiste, because my favorite drummer, Nicko McBrain, uses Paiste, and I know he at least USED to use RUDES... only has one now... But still, Paiste Signature Reflectives, are just WAY too expensive... but I would say, anything high quality by Paiste should be pretty darn amazing... considering they've been given the title as the top quality brand of cymbals...

DrumHead15

Thank you very much for the reply. I play a good deal of Paistes and the Rude series. But I have always wanted a thinner crash in this series and was happy to learn that they had come out with one finally. I figured that it would be similar to the Z custom mediums just in the science of it. Next big push is for a Rude Flat Ride...lol

anavrinIV

phoenix7289":15ukucow said:
I haven't gotten the chance, however, I did decide I would buy when I get the money, a 18" Paiste RUDE Crash Ride to replace my Planet Z Zildjian 18" Crash Ride, low quality brass, but sounds GREAT!!! But still, just been wanting to up all of my cymbals. Also, I got the idea to get the Paiste, because my favorite drummer, Nicko McBrain, uses Paiste, and I know he at least USED to use RUDES... only has one now... But still, Paiste Signature Reflectives, are just WAY too expensive... but I would say, anything high quality by Paiste should be pretty darn amazing... considering they've been given the title as the top quality brand of cymbals...
its not a good idea to build your cymbal selection around another drummers sound. im guessing that nicko didnt use rudes during recording because theyre very loud, heavy cymbals that dont seem too recording friendly. i suggest you go to a music shop a just hit away to find your sound.

CHrisRoadstar

I play the 18" Thin

It hammers the Zil Medium, go for it..

it really cuts through and has nice tone..almost china like

schist

DrumHead15":1l1z3qjm said:
Thank you very much for the reply. I play a good deal of Paistes and the Rude series. But I have always wanted a thinner crash in this series and was happy to learn that they had come out with one finally. I figured that it would be similar to the Z custom mediums just in the science of it. Next big push is for a Rude Flat Ride...lol
Oh, it's been done ... on eBay some time ago, there was an auction for a 20" Paiste 3000 RUDE Flatride ...

galgano16

quite similar actually, 4 i hav tested both side by side, and i must also say tht just becuz they're thin doesnt mean tht they actually r "thin" they r quite durable and cast metal tough