Paiste Rude - Anybody else have one of these?

Jay Brearley

About 6 years a go i had a Paiste Rude 24" crash ride. Ive never seen another like it and me being a dumbass i sold all my Rudes to buy Zildjian A Customs as i couldnt afford both at the time. Just wondered if anyone else has one and if theyd be willing to part with it cos i cant find them listed.

now this is just my opinion, but I don't think you made a bad chioce in choosing the A customs over the RUDE cymbals. I don't like the RUDE's at all, in some ways the Z customs are better, tho not all ways.

Anyway, are you sure it was a 24", Thats fucking huge, especially for a crash/ride.

Jay Brearley

TAYE drummer 4 life":10okgaii said:
now this is just my opinion, but I don't think you made a bad chioce in choosing the A customs over the RUDE cymbals. I don't like the RUDE's at all, in some ways the Z customs are better, tho not all ways.

Anyway, are you sure it was a 24", Thats fucking huge, especially for a crash/ride.
Yea i had K's before the Rudes as played in brass bands, then jazz then got the rudes for rock / punk playing, but now i change and adapt my setup as i play different types of music and am older and earning a lot more than i used to so i can afford to start having sets to choose from.
Yea im sure it was a 24" and yea it was fookin huge. It sustained longer than my Tam Tam but ill tell you what, man did that thing have character - it sounded like nothing id ever heard before! I even had to get protection racket to make me a bag for it. I bought it 2nd hand from Scheerers music shop in leeds, it was in mint condition and i payed £80 for it which was a bargain.

Wow, Im amazed that they even made a cymbal that big, other than a ride of course. Do you remember if there was any markings on it to tell what year it was made in??

How did it sound? like is there any other cymble today that would resemble it? maybe not in volume and projection, but in tone and sound?

Blond_Duke

I like Paiste Rude and Dark Energy but they can get pricey. Zildjian also has great cymbals but i just like paiste. I saw a 24' Rude crash/Ride for sale almost a year ago on ebay when i was looking for cheap rides for a friend that just started drumming....sorry run on sentence.

earldrum

I have still own a pair of Rude 14" Hi Hats that I purchased in 1984. I think they are great hats for the tight funk style or a heavy metal gig. I wouldn't pull them out on a jazz gig or lighter music gig.

So the answer to the question is what type of music you are playing? This will dictate the cymbals you buy. I have heard a thin Rude crash and it sounded okay to my ears, but the crash/ride Rudes are too heavy for my playing style and taste.