Paiste PST5

Devindrummer12

Paiste PST5's look pretty nice, but im wondering how they sound, i want the 18" medium crash for kind of a a deeperish crash. I have a low budget because i cant work as much with my school schedule. Please help me out!

break the prism

in my opinion, the pst 5s are the best entry-level cymbal model. but they're still not as good as any intermediate and pro level. if you can spare the cash, go for an intermediate level of a different brand (because i know full well the price of high-end paistes)

pow3rtr1p

If you have the extra money, I think a Paiste Alpha would be a better choice for you. You can still get a crash for under $200, and the quality is higher than the PST 5s.

TheYardstick

pow3rtr1p":2kwatrzo said:
If you have the extra money, I think a Paiste Alpha would be a better choice for you. You can still get a crash for under $200, and the quality is higher than the PST 5s.
Isn't Alpha the series below PST5?

Anywho, I have the PST5 Rock hats, nice and crisp when closed, loud and pronounced when opened.

If you want a nice crash for under 200 go the Sabian AAX Metal Crash, professional drummers use it even though its from the middle line and it was my favorite cymbal before I got my 2002 18" Crash.

If not, you could save up a little longer and purchase the 2002 18" Crash, it sounds just like the Signature 16" Crash, but it costs less.

break the prism

alphas were introduced in '92, but then re-issued with new technology as a step above pst5

they also offer a wider selection of cymbals.

Devindrummer12

i know you're all going to say " save and get a better crash," but i need this new crash like right now and i dont have a lot of cash, so if it was your choice what would choose? PST 5, ZXT, Wuhan, or Tosco 18" crash?

GiveItAll

i have a pst 5 thin crash i bought at guitar center during a sale and before i bought it they let me put it on a kit and i compared it to a sabian they had on the kit (i dont remember which model) and i thought the pst5 sounded better...i like the crash it has a nice sound to it

GiveItAll

well i got mine on sale and the salesperson usually gives me the hookup so i got the 16" thin crash for $40 but you can get it on like musiciansfriend.com for i think $70, it has a crisp sound to it not too high not too low its bright and melodious i use it most out of all of my cymbals and its taken a pounding and still going strong and sounding great i would recommend it from personal use

galgano16

break the prism":3pevgy8v said:
in my opinion, the pst 5s are the best entry-level cymbal model. but they're still not as good as any intermediate and pro level. if you can spare the cash, go for an intermediate level of a different brand (because i know full well the price of high-end paistes)
they're not entry levels, it u actually u actually take the time 2 read the description of the cymbal(which obviously given, didn't) u'd know tht they r intermediate level cymbals and r good 4 any1 on a budget

robt90

in reply to the first post saying he didnt knwo how theyd sound..

if you go on paistes website the have a bit where you can listen to streaming samples of each cymbal
apologies if this has already been said!