paiste pst5 ride

drummernick

well i am not one to sacrifice quality for price. if i have to save up i do but i need a new ride and i heard this band foredoes me quiet and he was using the paiste pst5 20'' ride an it had good stick definition and when he was riding it it also sounded good and this cymbal only costs around 200 bucks.. so i was wondering what anyof you think of this cymbal.. is it durable. good for the price.?

drummer91

i use pst 5's and i got a hihat, crash, and ride pack for like $250 at guitar center. the ride's pretty good, good bell and stick def., but it rings a little much but its ok. its a good cymbal for small stuff but if u gonna play big shows go w/ somethin a little more $$$

drummernick

yea thats wat i was planning on doing i just need a cymbal to hold me over for the moment. and my band doesnt play very big shows just at this place the living room, as220, places like that an i dont need to much volume but yea .

galgano16

I HAVE A 20 INCH PST 5 ROCK RIDE AND ITS VERY GOOD IN A LOT OF SITUATIONS, THE BELL CAN ALSO B PLAYED AND USED AS A GREAT ACCENT IN SUM SONGS, ITS SOMETIMES MISTAKEN BY MANY PPL AS A BELL CHIME, BUT THTS JUST ME

Please don't shout
Shalaq

ShadowDrummer

Look along anything in the Paiste lines. Their lower end stuff kills for the price. I still have Paiste 502's (post day Pst5) that I've had for goin on six yeaers&it hasn't let me down yet, Although I do fancy a nice Paiste 20' 2002 Power Bell Ride.....

stump

Save your money and get quality brass man! Don't sacrifice and get what you can afford at the time. Cymbals are in my opinion more important than the drums themselves. A cheap drum can be made to sound better with heads and tuning, cheap cymbals just sound that....cheap. Good luck!