paiste 2002 22" heavy ride

drummer dave

i picked this cymbol up 4 like 50$ @ cascade music in everett wa. like 5 years ago..im not a fan of it,its real gongy and has a small bell for such a large ride...but what ive been seeing is that they are pretty expensive.question beein how much is it worth(little tarnish)

john_bonham73

I have a Paiste 2002 24" ride...I love it.I move all over the cymbal,it has lots of room for different accents and distiguishments of the tunes.If I want a washy sound I'll use the thicker part of my stick and hit the cymbal more outer towards the edge.If I want something more direct I'll hit more towards the bell with the tip of my stick.And the bell.....piercing but very musical,it will get'cha noticed and make the tune stand out

infiznitch

drummer dave":1afny879 said:
i picked this cymbol up 4 like 50$ @ cascade music in everett wa. like 5 years ago..im not a fan of it,its real gongy and has a small bell for such a large ride...but what ive been seeing is that they are pretty expensive.question beein how much is it worth(little tarnish)
yea man, we have a 22" at the college here, and i was surprised at the sound considering how expensive they are. it's not bad, but i wouldn't pay too much for it. Here's the link for musician's friend http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Paiste-2002-Ride-Cymbal?sku=447196
they had it priced around 300 so you'll have to make your own judgement as to it's current worth!

WingsOfMajesty

john_bonham73":2zwyu706 said:
I have a Paiste 2002 24" ride...I love it.I move all over the cymbal,it has lots of room for different accents and distiguishments of the tunes.If I want a washy sound I'll use the thicker part of my stick and hit the cymbal more outer towards the edge.If I want something more direct I'll hit more towards the bell with the tip of my stick.And the bell.....piercing but very musical,it will get'cha noticed and make the tune stand out
I have a 24" aswell, and I really like it. The only problem I've had with it is the placement of it. It's so freaking huge, that I had a hard time finding a good setup for it, with out taking up room from the drums or other cymbals.

Laz

I don't use the heavy, but my ride is a Paiste 22" 2002. I love it. I agree on the bell size though. It's the same size, if not smaller than the bells on my crash cymbals.