Painting rims?

Jake_DK

i have an older Yamaha stage custom and the rims are silver. would it be ok to spray paint the rims black or any other color?

screamkevin

Jake,

You can spray paint them, but that stuff will chip right off. You'd be better off either buying a set of powdercoated rims, or seeing your local powdercoater who can do it for you. It's a lot more durable than spray paint, my friend.

Fleabear

Powdercoating is the only way to go. I had my cowbells done a few months ago because they were all beat to shit....and I haven't chipped or dinged one yet! And that's playin' the hell out of it! Especially with rims...you're gonna be hitting the things here and there.....powdercoating will hold up.....paint won't.

mattcore

I had an old Rockstar snare that i took apart and spraypainted evey peice white. I put a shit load of coats on in then a shit load of clear coats on it, and guess what... it all just chipped right off :x

drumshark

try painting them with a latex based paint, it will still chip after a while, but it will last a lot longer than spray paint.