Painting My Drum Set

TamaBanger89

I have a solid black kit, and i was looking to add in some white stripes on the bass and toms.

im not really paint savvy, so i was wondering what exactly kind of paint/primer/sealer do i need to make it so it doesnt come off easily. I would just have someone else do it for me professionally, but im the middle of nowhere vermont, its kind of hard for me to get things done. any input helpful!

The Alien Drummer

I have a Ludwig kit that was a wrap. I took the wraps off, sanded them down where the glue was and had a body shop paint them Cadillac White Diamond. They looked awesome and that was over 10 years ago and they still look great. If you can find anyone that does airbrushing you can get something really wild!

Spydr2000

TamaBanger89":296w7e84 said:
I have a solid black kit, and i was looking to add in some white stripes on the bass and toms.

im not really paint savvy, so i was wondering what exactly kind of paint/primer/sealer do i need to make it so it doesnt come off easily. I would just have someone else do it for me professionally, but im the middle of nowhere vermont, its kind of hard for me to get things done. any input helpful!
Well your manufactures are using automotive paints. Are your drums lacquered of wrapped? I do autobody work as a hobby. If you want a killer finish take them to a body shop or find a guy there that does work on the side. If you have wrapped drums your going to have to remove the finish and any glue. The drum will have to be sanded and primed with urathane filler primer and then block sanded with round edge block/ for contour of the drum. Then pick your color... alot of cool colors out there.. I recommend www.alsacorp.com they have the craziest paints I ever seen from real true chrome paint to color changing by heat paints. Your price is going to vary alot depending on color but not a hard task for someone who knows how to paint. He should have them done in less than 3 days.