PA Systems?

I know this isn't exactly a "drum" question, but. I'm looking around for a PA system, to put in my bass for shows and things like that. And Phonic set, anyone have any objections or ideas about what exactly to use?

If you could help me out, I'd appriciate it, thanks all

Rockula!

Are you talking about putting it IN your bass drum like Alex Van Halen?
Or are you just needing something to raise stage volume?

AmnestysLowEnd

phonic is crap. Look in to beringer they are cheap and decent. You need atleast 300watts and atleast 12 inch woofers for what you want to do. Also to at CAD's bass mic it about $50 on musicans friend. All this wont be cheap but it should last awhile.

SGarrett

It's not a PA. It's a replacement for having huge speakers blasting in your ears and destroying your hearing. I don't know about you guys, but I like to feel the bass when I'm playing. This does that without the volume. That said, a ButtKicker along with in-ears will run off of a power amp and a mixing board, just like a PA.

SmellsLikeIan

SGarrett":2u6vsmsn said:
It's not a PA. It's a replacement for having huge speakers blasting in your ears and destroying your hearing. I don't know about you guys, but I like to feel the bass when I'm playing. This does that without the volume. That said, a ButtKicker along with in-ears will run off of a power amp and a mixing board, just like a PA.
Yeah, the system you are describing is what I've seen used by several of the bigger touring acts I've opened for. Definitely one of my next investments.

SGarrett

Blakk_Waters_Drummer":3o5rfpsn said:
Well I was going to get 2 of them, so our vox could use them at practice, and then when we did shows I would put them into the bass
Ok, so you're talking about physically putting a PA system into your kick drums? Or are you talking about a front of house PA?