our first recording....

MasterShake89

we just got the rough, unmastered copy of our recording from our friend who took a lot of time to record for us free of charge...(lot of levels need to be changed) this is the first song we've reccorded. let me know what you think. and btw, im the sexy dude with the beanie in most of the pictures. 8)
let me know what you think.

this was the day after i learned the song, i like to play around with it more now.
and let me know what you think of the quality of the drum recording....

http://myspace.com/sofmoure

edit: turn the bass down a bit on ur speakers if u want to hear everything a little better.

FelterSkelter

Pretty cool. Was that your first recording ever or just the first with that band?
Song kinda reminded me of Shabutie (early Coheed). I'm guessing you might've heard that before. Not to say your lineup isn't unique in character, just what it kinda brought to mind.
Keep on keepin on!

MasterShake89

that was my first reccording beyond "put this mic in the middle of the room and hit record so we know what we sound like"
We worked with our friend and he did everything for us for free. not in a studio or anything, just with the best of what we had. Some decent mics, and his hobbyist recording equipment.

demonicAngel

Wow, wherever you put down the mic in the room it really worked well, very amazed that the vocals arn't burryed.

Other then that, theres just that triplet thing, where it's right kick, left kick, snare...you do it all over the place, and your trying to play all the notes you can in a little amount of space. Then it just sounds cluttered.

Stay relaxed and dont try to put every lick you know in one song, especially if it's your first song, because after that, where can you go if you dont know anything else? Then you just repeate yourself and ... yeah ...

and dont take this the wrong way, but for that style you could even go as far as not to use a double bass pedal, you really dont need it.

Your singers cute too, haha, but seriously man, for your first song kudos to you.

MasterShake89

demonicAngel":1dl7tzkg said:
Wow, wherever you put down the mic in the room it really worked well, very amazed that the vocals arn't burryed.

Other then that, theres just that triplet thing, where it's right kick, left kick, snare...you do it all over the place, and your trying to play all the notes you can in a little amount of space. Then it just sounds cluttered.

Stay relaxed and dont try to put every lick you know in one song, especially if it's your first song, because after that, where can you go if you dont know anything else? Then you just repeate yourself and ... yeah ...

and dont take this the wrong way, but for that style you could even go as far as not to use a double bass pedal, you really dont need it.

Your singers cute too, haha, but seriously man, for your first song kudos to you.
I was saying this was the first recording we've done NOT just putting a mic in the room.

And i know what you are saying about the bass drum thing. I'm in a stage where im just starting to get ok enough with the double pedal to apply it in different situations, and i like to throw it in wherever i can, but upon listening to it after we recorded, i did think it was quite a bit much. We're trying to take our music in a new direction since those recordings tho, and if I ever get any of those recorded, I'll be sure to show you guys.

FelterSkelter

MasterShake89":24cd4ru0 said:
demonicAngel":24cd4ru0 said:

I was saying this was the first recording we've done NOT just putting a mic in the room.

And i know what you are saying about the bass drum thing. I'm in a stage where im just starting to get ok enough with the double pedal to apply it in different situations, and i like to throw it in wherever i can, but upon listening to it after we recorded, i did think it was quite a bit much. We're trying to take our music in a new direction since those recordings tho, and if I ever get any of those recorded, I'll be sure to show you guys.
The best thing about recording is you can listen back and pick it apart. Remember, less is more (especially when you're a drummer).

cherrygrca

i like it a lot. your singer reminds me of hayley williams, the singer from Paramore, which, in my opinion, is definitely not a bad thing. she sorta looks like her too.

overall the track is pretty good though, and should def sound better once it's mixed

markmywords

You guys sound like an early version of paramore :). That's good they're rad and I agree your singer looks and sounds like hayley. She was recently featured on the new "The Chariot" album 'the fiancee' you should check it out, her vocals are friggin rad on it.

l_e_i_g_h

I Agree about the "Less is More" Concept.

It's always good to add flurries...but it's best to get the foundation (of the sound for the song) right first.