Other Passions.

percussle

just wondering what other passions you guys may have.

and what type of career you fellas are doing? or maybe your career is in drumming? or maybe even studying?
maybe you guys have some goals of such with drumming or away from drumming.

just drop a few lines in here. see what each other's up to.

Kyle. :wink:

Potatoe Snack

man. i sat here and tried to think of something else. maybe its sad, maybe its not. but i dont have any other passions.

drums my life son!

eml

Well I used to be really into computers and programming, but since I found my way to the drums I've completely set that hobby aside. I do still play a lot of games though (currently playing UrbanTerror), and I watch TV-series episodes like 2-3 hours per day. A few months ago I knew I was destined to become an 'IT guy', but lately I'm not getting the same great feeling from doing cool stuff on my PC anymore. Currently I feel like I'm the kinda guy who could have a shit job and live for the drums/music.

If I had the skills I'd love to work in a studio.

percussle

yeah i'd love to do studio work myself.

im currently studying at TAFE (to get a job to make some cash :D), when im not studying i devote my time to drums and bass 2-3 hours most days.
and catch gigs whenever i can in the city. soundwave festival in march should be awesome.

so my life will soon be...

Work
Music
Concerts/gigs
Friends+family
and my strong passion to drink.

doesn't seem too bad..

percussle

Potatoe Snack":4ky3wpuk said:
man. i sat here and tried to think of something else. maybe its sad, maybe its not. but i dont have any other passions.

drums my life son!
nah not sad at all man. we all are drum addicts haha.

hey i dont mind your bands sound hey. come to australia one day :lol:

SGarrett

Aside from my wife, pets and cars are my other passions. We have a 12 year old Rott/Pit mix (before you say something, be sure you actually know what you're talking about), a four year old ball python, a three year old cat, and five rats...no, the rats aren't to feed the snake. And I have almost as much fun and frustration working on cars as I do playing drums. It's a nice outlet where I get to use both my hands and my brain at the same time.

Rob Crisp

My job rocks to be fair. I play computer games and then talk about them on the radio, as well as presenting on other stations.

I have a dog called Rolo who's a Springer Spaniel and completely bonkers. I also love the gym and sports, mainly rugby.

As for passions, drums are my only passion. I could spend all day playing, tinkering and just looking at the damn things!

percussle

Rob Crisp":qgeby0w1 said:
My job rocks to be fair. I play computer games and then talk about them on the radio, as well as presenting on other stations.

I have a dog called Rolo who's a Springer Spaniel and completely bonkers. I also love the gym and sports, mainly rugby.

As for passions, drums are my only passion. I could spend all day playing, tinkering and just looking at the damn things!
that job does sound fair awesome he he.. do you review games from all different platforms. like consoles, PC, hand helds etc.?
paid to play games that'd be sweet. hehe

percussle

SGarrett":1sp089u1 said:
Aside from my wife, pets and cars are my other passions. We have a 12 year old Rott/Pit mix (before you say something, be sure you actually know what you're talking about), a four year old ball python, a three year old cat, and five rats...no, the rats aren't to feed the snake. And I have almost as much fun and frustration working on cars as I do playing drums. It's a nice outlet where I get to use both my hands and my brain at the same time.
you sound busy my friend. sounds like fun :D

i bet that snake wants your pet rats though :lol:

DrumsPlus

Lets see, wife, 3 kids, and one dog do enough. I also enjoy motorcycling, skiing, mountain biking, and hiking. Trying to get back into shape, but hate the gym, so working on it naturally.

screamkevin

Good thread! My other passions include: my wife and 2 daughters, playing my PS2 (waiting for the price drop on PS3 so I can finally play "Assassin's Creed"), woodworking, light home repair/fixups, and web design. I am a full partner in a local internet company here where I live, called Phantom X Productions, or PXP for short. We do websites for about 300 clients ranging from bands to models to clubs to businesses, swag, multi-media, sound design, DVD creation/duplication, CD covers, anything that you can imagine. It's challenging but fun, and I really enjoy it.

percussle

screamkevin":184sbrq7 said:
Good thread! My other passions include: my wife and 2 daughters, playing my PS2 (waiting for the price drop on PS3 so I can finally play "Assassin's Creed"), woodworking, light home repair/fixups, and web design. I am a full partner in a local internet company here where I live, called Phantom X Productions, or PXP for short. We do websites for about 300 clients ranging from bands to models to clubs to businesses, swag, multi-media, sound design, DVD creation/duplication, CD covers, anything that you can imagine. It's challenging but fun, and I really enjoy it.
nice man. keeping busy keeps you going!!

yes god damn Sony haha. i might just get a PSP lol.

well goodluck with the web design man. sounds intense.

Rob Crisp

percussle":zr788yt8 said:
Rob Crisp":zr788yt8 said:

that job does sound fair awesome he he.. do you review games from all different platforms. like consoles, PC, hand helds etc.?
paid to play games that'd be sweet. hehe
I do game computer stores in store radio. So I play new games then talk about them I don;t do game testing, that's Timekeeps job ;-)

Looking forward to rock band obviously.

SGarrett

percussle":3ak0d9d4 said:
SGarrett":3ak0d9d4 said:
you sound busy my friend. sounds like fun :D

i bet that snake wants your pet rats though :lol:
No doubt. Thankfully I have a very supportive wife.

And yeah, I have to make sure I wash my hands before putting them into the snake enclosure. Ball python bites don't really hurt, but they sure do bleed.

Alan_

Aside from drums, I make electronic music of various flavors, play keys and dj.

Aside from music, I love reading a good book. Getting outdoors and hiking long distances/rock climbing are fun too.

stephenchong

Hmmm, one of my other passions is Beat Box. Anyone here beat box too ? Well, i picked it up only recently, like one month ago and started to try improving myself. Its cool in a way, you can make beat box your hobby to kill time get a good impression from others. Plus, it wouldn't require anything from you, just your mouth as far as i know. :D

sharp13

hmmm i love drums ,thats y im here, im about to join the marines so that should be neat. and i play some guitar (strictly hobby) and im involved with my church alot. im actually a lighting designer for my church. thats really fun. next time you guys go see a major show you should stop a sec and take a look at the lighting, cause they can really make a show. :wink:

percussle

Timekeep69":2wlzrxmw said:
I have a degree in Video Game Design and work as a Video Game Tester, I also own many exotic pythons and boas.
all that time testing games. you wouldn't wanna play them much when not working.