Opion of my drumming?

iampoor

Hi

I'm wondering what you think of my drumming.

The Instrumental demo stuff is crappy so don't comment on that.

But how about on the drum demo? I improvized it while I was playing an I know there are mistakes. BTW I also play jazz.

ANy comments?

www.myspace.com/nordicriptixnorth

Brother_Bong

Not bad iampoor, but you mispelled the link. Some guys might not copy and correct to hear ya. I like your tom rolls. Keep up the good work.

SGarrett

Hey, you're from Motown (jr.) :D

Your hands sound pretty good but your feet need some work. The metronome is your friend! :)

iampoor

SGarrett":1ed2r7gf said:

Your hands sound pretty good but your feet need some work. The metronome is your friend! :)
Yep. :) You from around there?

Anyways yep, I've been trying to work on my feet definitly. That sound clip is about a month old so I been trying to improve that. ANy specific suggestions to help me with my feet?

BillRayDrums

One's playing can be kind of looked as lego pieces. You have the singles, the twos, the threes, etc. And what you build with them is purely up to your imagination.

You seem to have a good understanding of your legos.

I recommend getting with an instructor and working out some concepts. Dynamics would be a good starting point.

And your drums sound nice too.

EOTE_drummer

i thought it was pretty good for a rough demo. nice work, agreed better foot work but fast hands. ha, im the opposite, fast feet but not so fast hands.

SGarrett

iampoor":14w2fdln said:
SGarrett":14w2fdln said:

Yep. :) You from around there?

Anyways yep, I've been trying to work on my feet definitly. That sound clip is about a month old so I been trying to improve that. ANy specific suggestions to help me with my feet?
Do all the same things with your feet that you did with your hands. Just start slowly and build up the control.

And listen to BillyRay. :)

iampoor

Cool. I actually practice alot of tequnique but that was my speed demo. I kind wish I put some jazz stuff in there. :D

Hopefully I'll have a jazz demo up soon for some opions. :)

SGarrett

iampoor":rcj9p1kg said:
Cool. I actually practice alot of tequnique but that was my speed demo. I kind wish I put some jazz stuff in there. :D

Dude, it's "opinion". :D

iampoor

SGarrett":u2a6wqay said:
iampoor":u2a6wqay said:

Exactly why I fail English :lol:

BillRayDrums

iampoor":2u0qxuk7 said:
SGarrett":2u0qxuk7 said:
iampoor":2u0qxuk7 said:

Just try a little bit harder. Jeez, I hate to be a spelling nazi (we all make mistakes) but in this day and age what with spellcheckers on our computers, I find spelling to be more atrocious than ever.

Seriously, attention to the most mundane of details in life will make you a better drummer.

okjohne

BillRayDrums":205nnf78 said:
iampoor":205nnf78 said:
SGarrett":205nnf78 said:
iampoor":205nnf78 said:

Just try a little bit harder. Jeez, I hate to be a spelling nazi (we all make mistakes) but in this day and age what with spellcheckers on our computers, I find spelling to be more atrocious than ever.

Seriously, attention to the most mundane of details in life will make you a better drummer.
Billy I hate to break from you dude but spelling is not for me. I I spell bob or boob means nothing. Most the time I don't even look if i hit the right key. I wanna feel and be. That's why you are a stud.

BillRayDrums

okjohne":1xjr3ocu said:
Billy I hate to break from you dude but spelling is not for me. I I spell bob or boob means nothing. Most the time I don't even look if i hit the right key. I wanna feel and be. That's why you are a stud.
Call me obsessive-compulsive, but don't ever call me late for dinner.....