OOH! Look at my Sunlite

Toad

Fellow Drummers allow me a small moment of ego as i show off my Sunlite kit. These may be a maligned product but good heads and tuning do wonders. I love this kit especially since it was a present from my wife who knows next to nothing about drums. I had a Pearl double kick that I was borrowing, but I was honest when the owner moved and made sure he got it back.

deadknot

i HATE TO BE NEGATIVE HERE SINCE WE'RE ALL DRUMMERS and we're all different but I honestly don't like the set up at all, very UN-ergonomic and whats with the tape ?they are drums they are supposssed to resonate.. i can't stand it when i see drummers putting duct tape or felt strips across their toms .. does the owner of this sunlite have a bedroom set in the kick.. probably.. but i hope not.. look how far spread apart the toms are and the cymbal placement jeez you're hyper extending your wrists unless your double jointed... sorry guys.. maybe Toad and his wife both know next to nothing when it comes to drums.

GiveItAll

deadknot":3bfbe3xz said:
i HATE TO BE NEGATIVE HERE SINCE WE'RE ALL DRUMMERS and we're all different but I honestly don't like the set up at all, very UN-ergonomic and whats with the tape ?they are drums they are supposssed to resonate.. i can't stand it when i see drummers putting duct tape or felt strips across their toms .. does the owner of this sunlite have a bedroom set in the kick.. probably.. but i hope not.. look how far spread apart the toms are and the cymbal placement jeez you're hyper extending your wrists unless your double jointed... sorry guys.. maybe Toad and his wife both know next to nothing when it comes to drums.

ouch

rufus4dagruv

deadknot":126ituyp said:
First of all, Toad, congrats on your kit. Being married myself, I know how great it feels when the person you love supports what you love to do.

Second, deadknot, um... :roll: It's one thing to be critical. It's another to be and a$$hole. You've got the second trait locked up tight.

break the prism

deadknot...some people like a little less resonance. i do agree that tape is not the right way to go about muffling/dampening, but c'mon.

and maybe it's a comfortable setup for him? christ, i've seen drummers with stranger and more uncomfortable-looking setups than that and they played fine.

mortem

rufus4dagruv":1e97drqd said:
Second, deadknot, um... :roll: It's one thing to be critical. It's another to be and a$$hole. You've got the second trait locked up tight.
100% agreed...

duuuuuude, deadknot, chill out...you're judging entirely by the looks when you haven't even heard the guy play or the drums' sound. The setup may not look very ergonomic for you or me, but that really doesn't matter cuz it's Toad's kit after all and I suppose he's comfortable with it being that way. And the tape... I mean, c'mon, it's not even that much tape. And seriously, concerning your last statement - if you're gonna be an asshole then go be one somewhere else.

ciltzsch

thats how my first kit looked when i started playin back in the day. i dont really see anything wierd about it at all being as i played the same way at one time. if thats how he likes his kit and hes comfortable playin then all the power to ya man. not everyones kit is gonna look like the next guy. everyone has there own preferences in to how they play. were all drummers man and thats all that matter so chill out.

Lancelot Frosty

Congrats on the kit, Toad. :)

And deadknot, they're right.
It's his kit, and what he has works for him. May not work for you.
So stop being an ass.

Toad

Thanks folfs appreciate the comments even deadknot. Thank God we live in a society where anyone can express an opinion
freely. I know I did my job when I was in the service. After much experimentation this is the set up that works for me. I won't stoop to someones level of maligning others set ups or even express my thoughts on the first reply. To each his own and when some people star living in the real world where Mom and Dad don't bankroll you anymore than come talk to me.

cableman26

Toad":c7w3kzfe said:
Thanks folfs appreciate the comments even deadknot. Thank God we live in a society where anyone can express an opinion
freely. I know I did my job when I was in the service. After much experimentation this is the set up that works for me. I won't stoop to someones level of maligning others set ups or even express my thoughts on the first reply. To each his own and when some people star living in the real world where Mom and Dad don't bankroll you anymore than come talk to me.
Bingo Toad, some of us have to actually work for what we have and save up for the gear. When we get it then by god we'll said it up the way we want it.

phil-drummer

deadknot":7s0jaqba said:
who gives a fuck about your negative veiws on someone elses kit, dont knock his wife either man , thats just fuckin low, you dont even know the dude, maybe he likes to have tape on his toms, maybe he likes his toms and cymbals placed how they are. dick.