One or the other...

frnk_hggns

I'm going to get either all new cymbals or a double bass pedal. I can only get one of them though.
Which one should I get?

frnk_hggns

right now i have a stock Tama pedal and German made brass Tama cymbals. both came with the set(tama swingstar). looking into sabian and zildjian. and a Tama Iron Cobra double bass pedal.

king_friday

if it were me, i would go for the cymbals. but ofcourse it is your decision, so if you are hell bent on that double pedal go for it. and as for the brand of cymbals i would say zildjian, they have always been my favorite, however you are gonna have to do some testing and see which ones are right for you.

Hack_and_Slash

I say a double pedal. You need a double pedal to practice. High quality cymbals are the same as crappy ones when it comes to practicing.

cableman26

Hack_and_Slash":3ixy1du6 said:
I say a double pedal. You need a double pedal to practice. High quality cymbals are the same as crappy ones when it comes to practicing.
Good advice. Unless of course your doing shows. Then crappy cymbals will make sound bad.

Atmerrill

If you're gigging, I'd go with the cymbals. Chances are you can float the gig with one pedal, but the cymbals will enhance your overall playing - and make you sound much better.

Brother_Bong

Hack_and_Slash":252xhurk said:
I'd say this is a realistic answer. Ya gotta practice. Often times I keep my broken cymbals just for practice, and keep the good ones for when I need them. But I have to have two pedals for practice.