Old school

SmellsLikeIan

Mahavishnu Orchestra has always been one of my favorites....I especially like "open country joy" (I think thats the name). The fill going into the louder section is pretty amazing.....

Gaddabout

Billy is a great clinician because he's very straight with his words. It helps to be a big dude and a big drum set, able to play all the notes he plays. Kids who had never heard of him always walk out of his clinics with a new hero.

I actually kind of prefer Billy in a straight jazz context. Loved his playing with McCoy Tyner. Dude can swing his butt off, but I don't think a lot of people know it.

zen_drummer

Billy is an amazing player, and a great clinician. I've seen him play a few times, and each time I saw him I was more impressed. His be-bop playing is FLAWLESS, and in fusion, he puts a pocket where it would seem impossible to carve one out.

Chris383

First clinic i ever went to was Billy Cobham back in the late 80's. He was amazing! I remember him playing a huge Tama kit. I still have that autographed picture he gave me. Over the years ive been to several clincs,his was the best as far as im concerned! Great drummer!