Oh, the beauty!

Call me Gideon

Well, I think I've decided on my kit. Hopefully they won't discontinue it before I can afford it! I think I'm gonna go with the PDP LXE 5-Piece Kurillian Birch kit and pick up an 8 x 7 tom addition. It offers the 20 x 18 Bass drum option (I'd prefer 20 x 20 but I can't seem to find that unless I go custom, which I can't afford). The only thing that I wouldn't be 100% happy with is that I wouldn't have the option to have no tom mount on the bass drum but I can always just remove it. I LOVE the finish. Heres a picture of the finish I'll be getting (but I'm goin' with the black hardware option!):

Call me Gideon

Ya know, that sucks. I've played maple for years and wanted to try a birch kit for my new one. I went back and looked at the add on MF and the ONE part of the add that I missed was that it was all maple shells! I'll probably still get it. I like the finish better than anything I've seen in a long time and I like maple shells. I'll wait a year or so and pick up a gretsch or lower end PDP birch kit.

Howepirate

Call me Gideon":12bzko4j said:
Ya know, that sucks. I've played maple for years and wanted to try a birch kit for my new one. I went back and looked at the add on MF and the ONE part of the add that I missed was that it was all maple shells! I'll probably still get it. I like the finish better than anything I've seen in a long time and I like maple shells. I'll wait a year or so and pick up a gretsch or lower end PDP birch kit.
Why not a mapex m birch??? They sound wonderful and look as pleasing

Call me Gideon

I've never really checked out Mapex, Howie. I've played Gretsch and PDP. I might check out Mapex when I go to buy another kit.